Academic Vacancy in Clinical Child Psychology
Faculty of Psychology, Speech Therapy and Education Sciences
Full-time academic vacancy in the field of “Clinical Child Psychology”
Start date: 01/01/2023
Vacancy reference: FPLSE-220706-01
Description of the course load
A full-time (potentially divisible*) position in the field of Clinical Child Psychology within the Department of Psychology. This post includes teaching, research and services to the community.
*This post may be divided into two depending on the applications received.
Teaching activities include the following courses:
· Child Psychology: Motor, emotional, cognitive and social development (PSYC0027 – BAC 1 – 30 Th) – term 1
· Child Psychopathology (PSYC1029 – Master 1 – 30 Th) – term 1
· Conceptualisation of cases and assessment methods in children’s clinics: (PSYC5893 – Master 1 – 15h Th – 15h Pr) – term 1
· Intervention methods in child clinical practice – part 1: (PSYC0097 – Master 2 – 15 Th 15 Pr) – term 2
· Intervention methods in child clinical practice – part 2: (PSYC5881 – Master 2 – 15Th and 15 Pr) – term 2
In addition to courses, the workload involves the organisation and supervision of practical work and/or placements, as well as the supervision of dissertations. Should the applicant wish to apply only for a part-time position (50%), the courses in the teaching load described above will be allocated depending on the profile/field of specialisation of the candidate(s).
The successful applicant will have to develop a research programme in line with the teaching load (see below under “Qualifications Required / Profile”).
Services to the Community
The future academic will have to contribute to the development of activities in clinical psychology within the University Psychology and Speech Therapy Clinic (CPLU).
Qualifications required / profile
The candidate(s) should hold a doctoral thesis in psychology (PhD).
They will be required to show through their research activities:
• publications in international or national peer-reviewed scientific journals (at least three publications, as lead author, in a journal referenced by ISI, Scopus, ERIH, etc. or in books or chapters of scientific books);
• research reports published by recognised national or international organisations;
• papers presented to an international scientific assembly.
The candidate(s) will have to demonstrate their ability to develop a research project in relation to the teaching load. To do so, they will have to provide a description of a study they intend to conduct (theoretical framework, hypotheses, and method). The plan should not exceed two pages (in French or in English).
The applicant must demonstrate that they have sufficient practical experience in the field of “clinical child psychology” to take on the teaching load. The teaching load will be subject to change in line with the applicant’s areas of expertise.
Interviews with the applicants will be organised. They may be conducted in either French or English. Nevertheless, as part of the selection process, the applicant will have to / prepare a public lecture (1/2 hour), in French, open to academic and scientific members of the Faculty, in order to evaluate their teaching skills. The evaluation of the applicant will take into account teaching experience in a university setting, but such experience is not essential.
A description of the candidate’s teaching plans should be included in the application (maximum two pages in French or English). Applicants must demonstrate that their teaching and clinical practice will adopt an “evidence-based” approach. During the interview, the applicant should orally present their research project (in French or in English).
Our institutional policy is based on diversity and equal opportunities. We select candidates on the basis of their qualities regardless of age, sexual orientation, origin, beliefs, disability or nationality.
Applicants are requested to submit their applications electronically, to the following address: Postesacademiques@uliege.be with a copy to Ms. Cindy MINCONETTI – C.Minconetti@uliege.be no later than 30 September 2022 before midnight (Belgian time), under penalty of inadmissibility of the application.
• An application with a curriculum vitae (click on the curriculum vitae link for the CV template);
• A cover letter (in French or in English);
• List of publications (if possible, “Orbi version”) ;
• A description of the teaching plan (one page maximum, in French or in English);
• A description of the research plan (two pages maximum, in French or in English) demonstrating
the ability to develop research in relation to the teaching load;
The post-holder will be appointed either for a fixed term of four years, or definitively. If the post is granted for a fixed term, an evaluation will take place during the third year.
• If this evaluation is negative, the appointment will end after the four-year period.
• If the assessment is positive, the person concerned shall be appointed on a permanent basis.
If you do not speak fluent French (level C1) a period of adaptation will be granted. You may be assisted by one or more temporary assistants (one full-time position) for a full-time position.
The start date is 1 January 2023. It is important to note that in Belgium the status of “chargé.e de cours” (teaching fellow) corresponds to the grade of “professeur.e” (teacher) and not “maître de conférence” (lecturer).
Any further information can be obtained from Ms Cindy MINCONETTI – tel: +32 (0)4 366 20 23 C.Minconetti@uliege.be
Salary scales and how hey are applied are available from the human resources department of the University: Ms Ludivine DEPAS – tel.: +32 (0)4 366 52 04 – Ludivine.Depas@uliege.be
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)