Adjunct Faculty in Computing and Information Systems
ABOUT THE SMU SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognised for its world-class research and distinguished teaching. Established in 2000, SMU’s mission is to generate leading-edge research with global impact and produce broad-based, creative and entrepreneurial leaders for the knowledge-based economy. SMU education is known for its highly interactive, collaborative and project-based approach to learning, and for its technologically enabled pedagogy of seminar-style teaching in small class sizes.
The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) offers an exceptionally supportive and inspirational environment for academic scholarship and research, applied R&D projects, and innovative education initiatives. We currently have over 40 tenure-track faculty members working across research areas in computer science & engineering, and information systems management. They are complemented by over 20 practice & education faculty members who focus on teaching, translation and pedagogical research.
Our Research. We are passionate about our research. We aim for excellence both in fundamental contribution to academic knowledge, as well as in creating technology with practical impact. Real-world industry sectors provide SCIS with a testbed and laboratory for experimentation, as well as a fertile breeding ground for new ideas. Our faculty and students apply their research results to solve real problems in a variety of industry settings and to create IT applications and systems. At the same time, our faculty actively publish in top-quality Computer Science and Management Science conferences and journals. On our faculty are several world-class scholars and rising stars in their respective disciplines.
We are committed to supporting the development of our faculty. Besides start-up support and career mentoring for junior faculty, their Ph.D. students are funded by the school rather than paid from their research grants. SCIS faculty members are encouraged to collaborate on innovative research projects and also on integrative and interdisciplinary projects. SMU as well as Singapore government agencies, such as the National Research Foundation, provide generous support for high-quality research proposals.
A noteworthy example of our funded research is the Living Analytics Research Centre (LARC), operated jointly with Carnegie Mellon University; LARC focuses on building technologies for Social Media Sensing and Analytics, and applying them in Singapore’s Smart Nation initiatives. In addition, SCIS is the academic lead in the Fujtsu-SMU Urban Computing and Engineering Corporate Lab (UNICEN), which focuses on urban mobility, logistics, and traffic management. In the area of Cybersecurity, SCIS has a Secure Mobile Centre that conducts research into mobile device, cloud, and platform security.
SCIS has more than 70 students taking the Ph.D. in Information Systems and Ph.D. in Computer Science programmes. Ph.D. students can concentrate in any of our computer science oriented research areas, or in our management science oriented Information Systems & Management research area.
SCIS recently launched a new Professional Doctoral Degree, Doctor of Engineering (EngD). The programme aims to train students to become IT leaders with deep technical expertise for innovating, designing and managing complex IT systems.
SCIS also offers Master of IT in Business (MITB), a professionally oriented coursework programme, which has more than 400 students. The programme supports a Financial Technology & Analytics track focusing on FinTech and the integration of Technology & Operations in Banking, an Analytics track focusing on applied analytics for business, consumer and social insights, as well as an Artificial Intelligence (AI) track that emphasises building AI-enabled business applications.
Additionally, we have over 1,800 undergraduate students in our B.Sc. (Computer Science), B.Sc. (Information Systems) and B.Sc. (Computing & Law) programmes. The programmes have been remarkably successful in demonstrating educational innovations and creating a culture of learning, establishing external linkages and partnerships with industry, government and the social sector, and with job placement. We have an entrepreneurial student body, and many SCIS undergraduates have gone on to create or participate in start-ups.
We are looking for candidates to deliver the following undergraduate courses:
- Managing Customer Relations with Analytics: Asian Insights
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Financial Markets Processes and Technology
- Spreadsheet Modeling and Analytics
- Sustainable Digital Cities
- Digital Banking Enterprise Architecture
- Smart Healthcare in Asia
- Computational Thinking
- IS Project Experience (Applications)
- Visual Analytics for Business Intelligence
- Statistical Thinking for Data Science
- Business Data Management
- Big Data Architecture
- Cloud Management and Engineering
- Masters degree or PhD degree in a closely related discipline from a well-recognized university.
- For example, a Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Statistics, Management Science, Decision Sciences, Marketing Analytics, Computational Physics, Computational Engineering or Science, and the like.
- Outstanding communication skills
- A passion for learning and teaching
- Prior experience with consulting, training, or teaching is a strong advantage.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (35)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time