Assistant Manager – Data Center
Primary job role
Assistant Manager – Data Center is responsible for overseeing installation, migration and capacity planning of on-prem and cloud data center as per business requirements.
The role holder will also monitor all processes that are utilizing the n-prem and cloud data centers.
The role holder ensures standards of operational performance in the areas of safety, security, availability, productivity, capacity, efficiency and cost of on-prem and cloud data centers.
- Develop and deploy medium/ long term strategies: Develop the strategy and plan based on business requirements and objectives.
- Prepare and finalize the annual budget for on-prem and cloud data center in consultation with managers, detailing infrastructure, manpower and administrative costs.
- Plan, enhance, manage and implement new on-prem and cloud data center technologies/ systems in accordance with the data center policies, standards, procedures.
- Design, plan and execute up-gradation / migration of data center manage risks and monitor potential impacts as a part of the data migration plan; obtain necessary approvals from relevant stakeholders.
- Perform upscaling of on-prem and cloud data center system capacity as required to track capacity usage
- Up to date with new technologies and industry trends to optimize the cost/ usage or enhance security and apply what is relevant with a clear ROI.
- Evaluate system upgrades and scale up/ down demands to provide operational excellence for on-premises and cloud hosted infrastructure systems.
- Conduct periodic audits of on-prem and cloud data center server allocation, license and software usage and track details such as expiry, misuse and cost.
- Develop the disaster recovery plan for the on-prem and cloud data center. Develop recovery strategies and contingency plans to ensure quick and effective recovery.
- Ensure on-prem and cloud data center devices security patches and bugs are updated as per policy.
- Ensure periodic backup of critical on-prem and cloud data center systems are made as per schedule.
- Drive reduction in support tickets, analyze with the team, the root cause of recurring issues and plan for corrective actions.
- Interact with service providers, explain requirements, review maintenance terms and negotiate contract details, pricing terms and SLA.
- Ensure team is trained/ upskilled to identify and resolve issues proactively.
- 5 – 6 years of relevant experience in designing, implementing and managing data centers, commercial and open-source products experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/ Information Technology/ Engineering.
- Certifications such as AWS/ VMWare/ RedHat will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in virtualization technologies, Linux, AWS, Cloud migration and DevOps technologies like Docker/ Kubernetes.
- Results and execution orientation
- Client orientation
- Analytical ability
- Decision making
- Teamwork and collaboration
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone can grow at Fortude; regardless of their identity. Join us, and be a part of an organization, where we’re all proud to belong.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- Experience5 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (145)
- Senior Technical Project Manager Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- DevOps Engineer Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Python Developer Jobs at Ceylon Dazzling Dev Holding (Pvt) Ltd in Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer – Fullstack Jobs at Insighture in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Cut+Dry in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Nimi in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Serviceform in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Engineer (React Native) Jobs at Empite in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at GTN in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time