Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting and Control
This is a key role in one of the fastest growing businesses of the London Stock Exchange Group and provides the successful candidate with exposure to global finance teams and senior finance members.
The role requires a strong finance professional with experience in Excel modelling, financial analysis and balance sheet control, who works well in a team environment and is enthusiastic about strengthening financial controls and processes. The successful candidate will gain exposure in end to end finance processes in a large organisation, whilst analysing and providing assurance over the Division’s key financial performance metrics.
The role has a wide remit to support the Finance team in a number of change and improvement projects supporting the financial close process, as well as monthly and year end reporting.
- Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of financial reporting and control related services to the subsidiaries of the London Stock Exchange Group Ltd.
- Responsible of standardizing processes, documenting and building resilience within the team.
- Responsible for seamless on boarding of additional scope and aligning the process to according to the TOM.
- Developing standardised training documents to ensure a proper new joiner on boarding plan is in place.
- Ensure that the team adheres to the London Stock Exchange Group policies and procedures and ensure that proper financial controls are in place.
- Ensure that the teams meet tight reporting deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Responsible for driving the teams for creating efficiency and onboarding new activities.
- Support the external audit process for companies within scope including liaising with the external auditors to address their questions and requests (CAS).
- Support Group projects and ensure seamless implementation of any new systems and processes.
- The role will be expected to partner with Entity Accountants, Financial Controller, Group Reporting, and Statutory Reporting teams and be a key member of the Finance CoE.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA) or any other financial qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
- Strong track record in:
- Excel modelling and analytics
- Variance analysis through both independent and collaborative investigation
- Process improvement
- Financial accounting in a large organisation
- Strong IFRS Standards knowledge
- Understanding of accounting concepts and principles and reporting to tight deadlines
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders
- Managing cross geography relationships.
- Experience of Oracle GL, HFM, Essbase, SmartView desirable.
- Be a lead proponent of driving a collaborative culture and approach to working across finance.
- Ability to scope and shape role while adapting to fast changing environment.
- Strong process orientation, with ability to design robust reporting frameworks.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with global colleagues.
- Maximises opportunities, i.e. challenges ways of working, adopts Group practices, seeks and provides information and clarification, looks to make continual process improvement.
- Effective oral and written communication that resonates with the target audience.
- Utilises all available resources and toolsets to investigate and resolve problems and ensures the most appropriate solution is identified.
- Strong planning and prioritising according to business needs.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work according to UK work hours.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- Experience5 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationProfessional qualification
Related Jobs (13)
- Product Specialist – Pricing Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Accountant Jobs at Sheraton Hotels & Resorts in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Finance Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Finance Executive Jobs at John Keells Information Technology in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Accountant Jobs at CAREER141 in Colombo, Sri Lanka (On-site) on August 21, 2023 Full-Time
- Assistant Accountant Jobs at MegaPay (Pvt) Ltd. in Colombo, Sri Lanka on August 10, 2023 Full-Time
- Finance Analyst FP&A, G&A Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on August 9, 2023 Full-Time