Assistant Manager/ Manager, Research Grants Management (OER) [NIE]
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
NIE invites suitable applications for the position of Assistant Manager/ Manager, Research Grants Management (Research Grants Management Unit) with the Office of Education Research (OER). This is a contract post till 30 Sep 2023, and may be renewed depending on the individual’s performance and Institute’s needs.
- Manage and ensure research grant administration policies, guidelines and terms and conditions are in accordance with the research grant funding agencies’ and institute’s regulations.
- Lead and manage post-award research grant processes including project amendment/deviation request (fund transfer), cashflow projections, data collection sites, project progress and final reports.
- Lead and initiate improvements to post-award research grant processes and ensure SOPs are updated timely.
- Lead and manage events organise by the unit.
- Manage and maintain unit’s website, research support portals, project databases, records and documents.
- Manage the budgeting, cashflow planning, monitoring and analysis of the budget for ERFP competitive research grant funding.
- Monitoring of funds approved for each research grant funding and the tranche and maintain project financial database and records.
- Support the unit on financial matters.
- Support the administration of pre-award research grant processes from grant call to award, including grant call preparation, grant review, budget scrubbing and evaluation.
- Draft and review research grant administration guidelines and documents.
- Perform administrative, budgetary and compliance checks and liaise with various units and departments.
- Advise research teams on pre to post research grant processes and guidelines, human resource and financial administration guidelines.
- Coordinate with IT department on research grant process testing and improvement of online research grants systems.
- Liaison with stakeholders, external parties and auditors.
- Assist in organizing, facilitating and providing secretarial and logistical support for research grants panel meetings including recording of minutes.
- Support the unit in drafting of policy papers, collate KPIs and generate reports for management and stakeholders.
- Assist with any other duties as and when assigned.
- A University Degree.
- Preferably with 3 to 5 years of working experience in research grant and/or project management in an educational institution.
- Preferably with financial analysis and/or accounting experience.
- Possess excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate professionally and work with faculty and staff across various administrative units.
- Strong numerical skills and meticulous.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Able to maintain high standards of confidentiality of sensitive materials.
- Able to monitor compliance in policies and uphold governance of policies.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently under pressure and highly adaptable.
- Able to learn fast, multi-task and work within tight timelines.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of MS Office applications and willingness to learn or use new IT software and applications as and when required.
24 February 2023
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their home to the NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Related Jobs (148)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship