Assistant Manager Operations – Plasticcycle
Launched in 2017, ‘Plasticcycle’ (www.plasticccyle.lk) is the Social Entrepreneurship Project of John Keells Group, with the vision of being a catalyst in significantly reducing plastic pollution in Sri Lanka. Since inception, Plasticcycle has worked in the key areas of encouraging reduction in the use of single-use plastics, supporting responsible disposal and promoting recycling initiatives, by working with multiple private sector partners, the Government & policy makers, MSMEs and our communities, towards reducing our nation’s plastic footprint.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and results-oriented individual, to spearhead the operations of Plasticcycle innovatively, expanding the areas we work in, and adding value to the diverse stakeholder groups – both internal and external. The ideal candidate should possess the skills to network extensively towards building and maintaining relationships required to support an effective circular economy.
- Continuously engaging with different stakeholder groups to seek innovative sustainable solutions for inclusion in the Plasticcycle strategy and action plan.
- Formulating operational strategies and KPI’s related to above for efficient execution of the plan.
- Improving systems and processes, including the capturing and reporting of timely and accurate data to key stakeholders – such as Group leadership, corporate sponsors and other partners.
- Carrying out field visits to ensure all ongoing operations run smoothly and to seek opportunities to expand existing projects and implement new projects.
- Working closely with the regulatory bodies including, but not limited to, the Ministry of Environment, the Central Environmental Authority, the Marine Environment Protection Authority, various Waste Management Authorities and related parties to stay up to date with policy direction, regulations and Government initiatives.
- Building on and developing networks with all stakeholders who can add value and create opportunities for the project, including but not limited to, recyclers, plastic waste collectors, NGO’s and environmental groups.
- Proven work experience in a managerial/team leadership position in operations, in the corporate sector (experience in sustainability operations and/or waste management will be an advantage).
- A Bachelor’s degree or a relevant professional or technical qualification commensurate with the role.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting, strong planning and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (at minimum in English and Sinhala and proficiency in Tamil would be an advantage) in the multi-stakeholder context.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelAssistant
- Experience1 Year
- QualificationBachelor's Degree