Assistant Professor in Structural Engineering
We are looking for an Assistant Professor in Structural Engineering. We seek a talented candidate to carry out the academic duties to the highest standard and to evidence how, through your personal experience and background,
you will be able to:
- Plan and deliver high quality taught modules and develop curriculum within Structural Engineering.
- Contribute to and enhance the research capabilities and development of the Centre for Structural Engineering and Informatics Research group.
We are looking for an innovative thinker who can evidence:
- A first degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline and a PhD, or equivalent.
- Their enthusiasm and ability for interactive teaching.
- A proven track record in publishing research work, developing research proposals to attract funding and presenting/disseminating research outputs.
- That they can work well in a team.
- That they are an approachable person with a student-centred vision, who can provide academic and pastoral support to students in a modern University environment.
- Their ability to contribute positively to the collegiate activities of the Department –open days, outreach activities etc.
We believe that diverse teams deliver the highest quality teaching, research and student experience. To achieve the Faculty of Engineering’s vision of being top ranked in all areas for Research and Knowledge Exchange as well as Education and Student Experience, we are seeking applications from high quality people whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our existing team. The Faculty is committed to creating opportunities for people traditionally under-represented in Engineering
As well as a competitive pay package, you will receive access to a large range of benefits covering areas such as Health and Wellbeing, Professional Development, Family and Parenting, Transport and Finance discounts.
This role is offered on a permanent basis. Hours of work are full time (36.25 hours). Job share arrangements may be considered.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Glenn McDowell, tel: 0115 951 4603 or email Glenn.McDowell@nottingham.ac.uk . Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
Our University has always been a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs – indeed this very diversity is vital to our success, it is fundamental to our values and enriches life on campus. We welcome applications from UK, Europe and from across the globe. For more information on the support we offer our international colleagues, see our Moving to Nottingham pages.
For successful international applicants, we provide financial support for your visa and the immigration health surcharge, plus an interest-free loan to help cover the cost of immigration-related expenses for any dependants accompanying you to the UK. For more information please see the our webpage on Financial support for visas and the immigration health surcharge.
- Job Description/Role Profile
- Additional Information
- Apply Online
Reference – ENG420621
Closing Date – Tuesday, 16th November 2021
Job Type – Research & TeachingDepartmentCivil Engineering
Salary – £37467 to £50296 per annum (pro-rata if applicable) depending on skills and experience.
Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelAssistant
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (6)
- Front End Industrial Engineer Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 4, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Sustainability Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Executive – Engineering Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time