Assistant Relationship Manager
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Assistant Relationship Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Provide support to the Relationship Managers (RMs) to enable them to meet customer needs, improve client engagement and maximise operational efficiency
- Become fully involved in negotiations and pitches to clients alongside the RM to optimise the potential value of client relationships and deliver solutions, products and service appropriate to meet client needs and improve engagement
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Provide a high level of credit support and value-addition to relationship managers with fast turnaround time and quality credit submission & operational support within predetermined service standards in line with clear deadlines
- Spot quality lending opportunities by balancing the requirements of area credit policies/guidelines with commercial realities in a competitive business environment
- Driving the credit review process in a timely manner through effective interaction with multiple, and diverse stakeholder groups, including internal and external stakeholders including customers and their peer groups often against challenging timeframes and competing priorities.
- The role holder is expected to work effectively and successfully across a matrix environment to support senior/executive stakeholders, and the ultimate credit approvers
- Evidencing the ability to leverage networks to assist in validating ideas and in the interests of research throughout all levels of the organization
- To be abreast with the latest business, regulatory, industry, tax, financial, exchange rate developments and all other matters that would be useful to effectively discharging this role
- 10.The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- CIMA, CFA, ACIB/AIB and /or degree from a recognized university preferably in finance and accounting
- Strong knowledge of credit, lending and financial analysis. 2-3 years’ experience in a credit analysis role would be a strong advantage
- Experience in a Corporate Banking environment preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, communication skills, decision-making skills, lateral thinking skills, influencing skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and effectively influence and communicate across various business lines at different levels within the organization and with customer groups
- Proven level of business acumen and commercial awareness including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Proven ability to deliver customised/flexible solutions appropriate to customer needs
Please show your interest in this role by joining our HSBC Talent Community.
When applying, please submit a full resume.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance