Assistant Vice President – Payroll & HR Business Support
The role holder shall be involved engaging with relevant external stakeholders, including Regulators, to enable Entity Governance and the Organization Brand proposition, in cyclical work pieces such as Annual Reporting and short term initiatives and expected to possess some knowledge of financial budgeting, strategic planning, communication, and people management processes in the context of the GSC they are located in.
In addition, the role holder supports the implementation of global strategy and governance and control framework within the GSC remit including but not limited to:
• Statutory & Internal Compliance, ensure HSBC adheres to both internal compliance and external regulatory requirements
• Payroll Tasks and Responsibilities, oversee the management and ongoing delivery of the payroll, ensuring that the GSC meets all their local country legislative responsibilities and financial reporting responsibilities whilst ensuring a smooth employee experience with all payroll related touchpoints
• Vendor Management, by establishing governance for managing third party suppliers and processes, with assessment and adequate mitigation of risk.
• Other Administrative Activities, participate and support in HR planning activities which may include financial, technological and resource planning
• To be accountable for developing an aligned approach to the distinct business service specific people strategies that leverages synergies and delivers a robust and consistent approach. This will entail understanding how the people requirements interlock with the HR specialist team(s).
• Work closely with the Site leadership and the senior HR resource at the site
• Engage with relevant external stakeholders, including Regulators, to enable Entity Governance
• They would typically partner with a more senior colleague to develop solutions which they would then implement.
• The role reports (functional and entity) to the VP/HR Head of GSC Sri Lanka.
• The role operates at the assigned GSC but also partners with Delivery Services and Payroll teams.
What you’ll do:
Impact on the Business/Function
• Supports HR colleagues and Business/Function lines to assist with the effective execution of HR strategies. Manage & Measure overall vendor performance ensuring effective control & governance is in place Customers / Stakeholders
• Partner with site line managers and leadership to manage HR service delivery
• Strong partnership with HR COEs and GSC HR Leadership
• External labor authorities/regulators of the state
• Promote the use of HR Delivery Services proactively dealing with any associated issues
• Support the management of employee life cycle by understanding requirements and execute solutions as appropriate enhancing Business/Function client relationship
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Managing day to day operational risks and advising on people risk related to business change initiatives, business strategies and individual cases
• Compliance to regulatory, and other local matters while operating to defined Global Standards
• Implementation of transformational change
• Champion and embed best practice management and administrative procedures in own functional area
• Possessing a strong understanding of local employment l
aw and knowledge of access to expert advice when require
• Drive effective internal governance, reporting and solution delivery with low tolerance of underperformance and ensuring effective mitigating actions are defined, tracked and implemented.
• Ensure HSBC adheres to both internal compliance and external regulatory requirements.
• Engage with regulatory bodies and other Group functions as needed in a timely, open and transparent manner ensuring that HR remains compliant with Group requirements and standards.
• Ensure local adherence to the Global Payroll Standards, Legislative responsibilities. Payroll Risk & Control Library and Payroll Governance framework.
• Ensure compliance with Procurement Strategy, Policies and Procedures.
• Provide status reporting, governance and schedule control
Leadership & Teamwork
• To be an active and credible/valued member of the site and GSC HR Leadership team contributing to the HR Service Delivery of the Centre and its success
• To act as a “trusted advisor”
• To work effectively with the relevant HR specialist functions to ensure effective delivery of products, services and processes
• To role model the Leadership and people management culture of HSBC
• Facilitate opportunities for connectivity across the HR function leveraging expertise, deliver effectively, avoiding duplication, shared good practice, simplifying processes, reducing bureaucracy, improving data quality issues and driving shared accountability.
• Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Experience of working in an HR environment in a business partnering/HR generalist capacity supported by shared services and areas of expertise is a must
• Deep understanding of the GSC operations, employee demographics and associated risks/challenges to be able to execute on statutory labour compliance requirements
• A high level understanding of all aspects of HR and Talent Management
• A high level understanding of skills in managing major organizational change and the ability to translate complexity and ambiguity into impactful delivery
• Strong coaching, facilitation and consultancy skills with a proven track record of being able to influence at all levels and especially the Executive level.
• Highly skilled at managing relationships and conflicting priorities at a senior level – Exceptional influencing skills.
• Thorough knowledge of HR, GSC Human Resources policies, procedures & practices and statutory guidelines
• Strong leadership skills, ability to lead, motivate, coach, mentor and develop capability
• Sound verbal and written communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, and assertive and professional demeanor with an ability to interact with diverse audiences
• Ability to prioritize tasks, perform independently and work under strict guidelines
• Ability to work under constant pressure
• Ability to make rational decisions and navigate through complex scenarios with minimal guidance or supervision
• Ability to understand, identify, and challenge key risks and controls that require testing within processes
• Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency, and high level of professional and personal integrity
• Strong teamwork, organization, complex problem resolution, initiative
• Makes good decisions based on a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; sought out by others for advice; operates with integrity and trust
• Management education in HR, organizational psychology, business management or a related discipline
• Accounting, Audit, Risk or Compliance experience
• 7-10 years of experience in HR, with a strong track record of establishing credibility and delivering results
• Experience of implementing control frameworks within complex environments
• Exposure to people related perspectives and industry practices
• Exposure and understanding of employee life cycle including payroll, statutory & internal compliance activities
• Vendor Management Experience
• Strong focus on internal staff development and driving process efficiencies.
• Lateral applicants will be given preference due to the nature of roles/responsibilities
• Degree /full professional qualification from a recognised institute, preferably in the field management
• An MBA will be an added advantage
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- ExperienceMore than 5 Years
- INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)
Related Jobs (22)
- Human Resources Internship at Uconnect in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Internship
- Human Resources Executive Jobs at Deloitte Associates in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Junior HR Executive Jobs at Crepe Runner in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Human Resources Internship at Singer (Sri Lanka) PLC in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Internship
- Human Resources Executive Jobs at SuperServ in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Head of Product Management Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Undergraduate Trainee – Employer Branding Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Intern – HR Internship at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Internship
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time