ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR IN SOCIAL WORK
At The Faculty of Social Sciences,The Department of Sociology and Social Work invites applicants for a position as Associate Professor in Social Work. The position is open for appointment from February 1, 2022 or as or soon thereafter.
The position should contribute substantially to strengthening the department’s national and international profile in Social Work Research. The position is available for a candidate, who can demonstrate knowledge and strong competences in the Social Work Research. The candidate should be highly motivated for contributing to advancing Social Work Research theoretically, methodologically and empirically through development of research projects, interaction with stake holders relevant for social work and dissemination of research. Moreover, it is expected that the candidate’s research can contribute to research based teaching at the department’s study programmes ranging from Bachelor to Masters in social work. Thus, the position involves teaching activities such as lecturing, supervision of students, coordination, planning and developing courses within these social work study programmes. Moreover, it is expected that Associate Professors contribute to Ph.D.-supervision and -teaching, academic assessments and other activities related to being a part of a collective research community.
The position will be affiliated to Social Work Research, Department of Sociology and Social Work, Aalborg University, Denmark that covers a wide range of research relevant for and connected to a national and international research community. It includes approx. 45 researchers affiliated to different research groups:
- Social Problems, Vulnerability, Knowledge and Governance in Social Work (SOSO)
- Centre for Inclusion and Welfare (CIW)
- Social Work Practice with Vulnerable Children, Youth and Families (CISKO)
- Welfare, Inclusion, Social Work and Employment Relations (WISER)
- Practice Research and Service User Perspectives
- Shaping Concepts, Practices and Advances in Social Work (SCOPAS)
It is presupposed that applicants for the position as associate professor have research qualifications corresponding to the level achieved from a successful employment period as an assistant professor/researcher, or achieved otherwise. Applicants must document scientific production at an international level with a substantial focus on social work research, as well as experience with teaching higher education. Furthermore, it is presupposed that the applicants have received supervision and pedagogical upgrading and a positive written evaluation of their teaching qualifications. Moreover it will be an advantage, but not a prerequisite, that applicants have experience with Problem Based Learning (PBL) which is Aalborg University’s teaching philosophy.
The application must contain the following:
- Motivated application (in english or danish)
- Current CV (in english og danish)
- Complete list of publications.
- List of publications that the applicant wishes to be considered. A maximum of 10 publications may be submitted. It is possible to submit articles written in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and/or English.
- Co-author statements in relation to publications written with other authors must be enclosed with a declaration from each of the authors, stating the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work. The declaration must be signed by the co-authors. Template co-author declaration.
- Education (copies of documentation for degrees obtained).
- Documentation for teaching qualifications including participation in a course in University Pedagogy. Guidance Teaching portfolio.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.Assessment
An expert assessment committee will assess all candidates. The allocation of the position is decided by the Dean of the Faculty of Social Science.Shortlisting will be applied. This means that subsequent to the deadline for applications the head of department supported by the chair of the assessment committee will select candidates for assessment. All applicants will be informed whether they will be assessed or not. The selected applicants will be informed of the composition of the assessment committee, and each applicant will have the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that applies to the applicant in question. When the employment process has been terminated, a final rejection will be sent to the applicants who are not considered for the position.
You may obtain further information about the academic contents of the position from Head of Department Trond Beldo Klausen, phone +45 99402602, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the Department can be found on the following website: Department of Sociology and Social Work (aau.dk)
Any enquiries relating to the application procedure should be addressed to Human Resources on email email@example.com.
Appointment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Science’s Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Salary is in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC) on Academics in the State. Workplace is in Aalborg.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified