Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer, Business Analytics, School of Computing
The NUS School of Computing (SOC) traces its roots back to the Nanyang University Department of Computer Science that was established in 1975. Since then, SOC has developed into one of the leading computing schools in the world, with faculty members who are both internationally recognised researchers and inspiring teachers.
Today, SOC offers undergraduate and graduate degree programmes across the full spectrum of the field of computing, including Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Business Analytics and Information Security, as well as specialisations in emerging areas of importance such as artificial intelligence, fintech, blockchain, analytics and security.
SOC Advanced Computing for Executives (ACE) unit was established to help business leaders, managers and professionals learn about emerging technology and how to harness them for digital transformation and business competitiveness. ACE drives the expansion of SOC’s lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way and aims to be the premier educator and thought leader in advanced computing and information technology.
To augment our manpower resources in the School, we are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join ACE unit. Reporting to the Head, Executive Education, the incumbent shall develop, review and deliver executive education programmes/seminars related to Data Science, Business Analytics and Applied Statistics to business leaders, managers and professionals, as well as provide support in outreach activities and consultancy work.
The incumbent will be emplaced at an appropriate appointment grade, based on the individual merits of the candidate.
This role is offered on a 3-year renewable contract basis; renewal is subject to satisfactory on-the-job performance of the incumbent, and demand for the assigned programmes.
Remuneration is on a 12- month salary package plus variable performance bonus, as well as regular employee benefits such as leave, medical and insurance coverage.
- Initiate, design, conduct and administer programmes, workshops and seminars as assigned
- Liaise with Programme Managers and clients in determining training needs such that course materials are designed and contextualised to achieve desired learning outcomes Devise training strategies and create training materials, including testing and reviewing created materials
- Monitor and assess learners’ work, invigilate examinations
- Source for and harness resources for instructional technology
- Provide credible training consultancy services for ACE’s clients
- Participate in business development, marketing and promotion activities of assigned programmes
- Research and stay current on the state of the art in artificial intelligence, business analytics and other information communication technology (ICT) practices
- Supervise and coach training assistants in supporting training sessions
- Carry out administrative duties as required
Academic & Professional Certification
- At least a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Analytics, Statistics, or an IT-related discipline from a reputable university
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in advanced business analytics and data visualisation
- Sound technical experience with applications like Microsoft Excel, Power BI, Tableau and QlikSense, as well as coding using R and Python, preferred
- Exposure to data mining, machine learning, deep learning, big data, artificial intelligence, simulation and deployment of production data science models an advantage
Experience & Attributes
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience including the teaching of adult learners, especially business leaders, managers and professionals, with at least 3 years in a similar capacity
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to present and explain difficult concepts clearly, concisely and in plain simple English
- Familiarity with the use of live streaming technologies, smart boards, etc. is a plus
- IT savvy and proficient in information systems and business analytics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerate, analytical and meticulous with strong administration skills Results-driven, self-motivated and highly disciplined
- Strong team player, able to work collaboratively with various stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Resilient, resourceful with good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ambiguous work environment
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelSenior Manager
QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (345)
UX Designer – Jobs At Dialog Axiata PLC In Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 21, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Data Engineer – Jobs At Dialog Axiata PLC In Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 21, 2022 Full-Time
Post-doctoral Fellow Jobs at THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG In Hong Kong on January 21, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer – Jobs At Dialog Axiata PLC In Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 21, 2022 Full-Time
Intern – Quality Assurance At Mitra Innovation In Moratuwa, Sri Lanka on January 21, 2022 Internship