Associate Software Architect
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. . With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for an Associate Software Architect to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into software design.
- Drive teams and ensure the overall integrity of the software design and validate it against the system architecture.
- Actively participate in business value assessment and business requirements elaboration phases.
- Actively participate in the design and development phases to ensure successful delivery of all Sysco Innovations projects.
- Monitor key results and generate metrics across the project portfolio.
- Build strong relationship across the Sysco hierarchy and mentor US and SL based team members; identify new opportunities to increase efficiencies and drive growth.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A first degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant master’s degree will be an added qualification.
- A minimum of ten years of work experience with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Extensive experience working with and providing solutions for US Fortune 500 clients with significant on-site experience; experience working with offshore teams.
- Proficiency in architecting and designing enterprise software systems and products.
- Experience in project estimation techniques, architecture and design patterns and performance engineering.
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate architecture and technology decisions.
Why you should join Sysco LABS
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programmes.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (448)
Graduate Trainee – Technical Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 31, 2023 Full-Time
Intern – Projects Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 31, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Jobs at Bio Foods (Pvt.) Ltd in Kandy, Sri Lanka on January 30, 2023 Full-Time
Web Developer Jobs at iTelaSoft in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 30, 2023 Full-Time