Associate Software Developer
Associate Java Software Developer , you will be responsible for analysis, design, implementation, and automation testing in a high-performing, experienced team. You will use industry best practices while producing high-quality full stack solutions in a collaborative, agile, results driven environment across a diverse set of business areas: client management, channel technologies, results processing, and incident management systems. You will also be responsible for maintaining and supporting mission-critical applications as necessary. In this role you will be expected to continually grow your technical and domain knowledge as a member of a highly collaborative team continually working on a variety of complex and challenging projects. If you are interested in being a part of an amazing team and learning something new every day, this is the role for you.
The Software Developer will
● Build Software — Implement designs following Pearson coding standards and industry best practices; maintain and support mission-critical applications as necessary.
● Analyze & Design — Ensure business and requirements artifacts are created that effectively model the customer’s requirements. Use tooling and best practices to create design models from requirements.
● Review — Participate in requirements, design and code reviews
● Test & Deployment — Work closely with other teams (e.g., QA, configuration management, end users) to release high quality software. Create testable requirements and write and execute unit tests and system automation. Perform DevOps activities as a part of the release and performance management processes.
● Quality/process improvement — Participate in group improvement activities and initiatives to improve process and product quality in pursuit of excellence
● Reporting — Complete project documentation as required, including logging status, risk, progress, and effort on assigned work
● Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology experience
● 2+ years minimum Java development required
● 1+ years programmatic interaction with relational database systems
● Current technology stack: Java, JPA, Hibernate, Web Services (REST/SOAP), AngularJS
● Experience in OOAD, design patterns, SQL and UML
● 1+ years Agile experience
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
● Experience in creating design documents, performing code reviews and test driven development
● Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
● Proven ability to quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
● Ability to think technically and analytically
● Ability to understand philosophy of architecture
● Must assimilate information, distill knowledge, apply experience and provide solution alternatives and recommendations
● Must have strong time management skills – including ability to work well under pressure, plan, set priorities, adapt to change, and meet established timelines
● Must develop effective relationships with internal and external contacts and within your team
● Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
● Must have a positive and energetic demeanor
● Effective written and verbal communication skills
● Creative problem-solving skills
Experience with some or all of the following tools (Required)
● Java SE AND EE (1 years)
● Spring framework (1 years)
● Web Services (1 years)
● REST services (1 years)
● SQL (1 years)
● JBOSS OR Tomcat (1 years)
● OOAD design
● Agile development (1 years)
● Design patterns
Experience with some or all of the following tools (Desired)
● RabbitMQ or JMS
● Gauge and Selenium
● New Relic
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $70,000 – $85,000. This position is bonus eligible. Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Offered SalaryLKR 70,000 - LKR 100,000
Career LevelNot Specified
Related Jobs (55)
Senior Software Engineer, Careers At solomoIT, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 5, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Tech Lead, Careers at Zeropoint, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 5, 2022 Full-Time