Associate Software Quality Engineer
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Listed below are the typical duties and responsibilities expected of an individual for the job title described in this document. The items specified below are a guideline of the minimum expectations for the job title; changes will be made on a case-by-case basis for individuals who show potential to take on more opportunities. Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Work in an agile team adapting the Quality Engineering/DevOps culture.
- Test Design & Test Automation aligning with industry standards.
- Maintain Test Repositories & Artifacts accurately and with expected quality in industry-recognized platforms such as Bitbucket, GitLab..etc.
- Leverage automation to improve overall efficiency on other related project activities.
- Establish a CI/CD setup using automated tools i.e., Jenkins, Bamboo..etc. with other stakeholders I.e., DevOps teams to ensure efficient & High-Quality in deliverables.
- Conduct functional testing on UI, API components with industry-recognized tools & frameworks I.e., Selenium, SoapUI, Rest Assured…etc.
- Conduct Non-functional testing (Performance, Security, Accessibility…etc.) with industry-recognized tools.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- In-depth knowledge/expertise in testing planning, design, automation, and execution.
- Advanced debugging skills – able to solve complex problems requiring analysis of multiple variables
- Sound knowledge in Object Oriented Programming concepts through a widely adopted programming language (Java, C#…etc.)
- A good understanding of Relational or NoSQL Database technologies
- Good exposure in Defect management.
- Multidisciplinary experience in software configuration and code management
- Good awareness about quality engineering tools and practices
- Ability to complete work efforts related to complex applications/systems / projects within one product line/business
- Ability to work autonomously and manage complex application/solution issues as needed, escalating to leadership or other stakeholders when necessary
- Collaborative team player and ability to highlight risks proactively.
- Future and Customer focused – foresees issues and gaps with keeping end-user perspective.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent qualification
- Software Engineering/quality Engineering Internship Experience Is Preferred
- Oracle Certified Associate in J2EE or Equivalent (Preferred)
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Organization: Higher Education
Req ID: 10427
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
ExperienceLess than 1 Year
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (390)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship
Senior Graphic Designer Jobs at Wonder Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Graphic Designer Jobs at Visual Studios Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Developer Jobs at CAREER141 in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 31, 2023 Full-Time