Associate Technical Lead – Java
About the job
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. . With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for an Associate Technical Lead to join our team.
- The design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products.
- Implement distributed and highly robust enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Architect and implement scalable software solutions and document design decisions.
- Carry out detail technical designing of software solutions
- Scope and break down user stories into clear and achievable technical tasks
- Implementation of the technical design including coding, calling existing services, creating new components, etc.
- High standard of engineering quality through code reviews, unit tests, and analytics.
- Ensure engineering principles and related processes have adhered
- Give constructive feedback to team members via code reviews and architectural reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications, and managing teams.
- In-depth understanding of the technology stack, e.g.: HTTP, browser/JS engine architecture, relational and NoSQL databases, Linux, containers/virtual machines.
- Experience in architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable web applications
- Familiar with a variety of software patterns and principles
- Database skills – understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, such as implemented code against several different database platforms: RDBMS, NoSQL, and shared storage.
- Experience with DevOps practices and working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proficient understanding of agile processes, CI/CD, and code versioning tools, such as Git
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, communication skills, and ability to exercise mature judgment.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programmes.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (372)
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Techscrolll in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Simsyn Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time