BI System Data Analyst
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
The ideal candidate loves to help others solve problems, work in a collaborative setting, take on big challenges, work with both technical and non-technical business partners, and tell beautiful visual stories with data! This person will take a design thinking approach to deliver reporting, analysis, dashboards, and other analytical solutions that empower leadership to use data at scale.
They will be collaborating with Business Analyst, Product Owners, and other internal teams to understand business requirements and then build scalable solutions for the business.
The role will be hands-on in building the business and technical requirements for reporting and analytical solutions by leveraging data generated within IFS Systems and by other 3rd party systems.
The role requires a person who has experience in complex data analysis using a variety of techniques and tools like Power Query or Alteryx or SQL coding.
It demands an understanding and creative problem solving on how data from multiple sources can be joined together to create a data set for consumption by the Global IFS user community.
You are self-led and passionate about building reports and visualizations that support the business in making data driven decisions.
You are ready to answer the big questions about what is working and what is not working, but also have the patience, determination, and focus to dig into the data.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
Hands-on analysis of complex data sets to develop scalable data models that can solve business problems.
Design and build a BI ecosystem that enables internal customers to self-serve the data they need at scale; including dashboards, Scorecards, recurring reports and more.
Automate key business processes and metrics into visualizations that tell a story for our Senior Leadership.
Establish processes, standards and taxonomies that encourage trust with data and provide consistent metrics across the organization.
Contribute to collaboration efforts with other departments to develop analytic models, analysis and reports that support IFS leadership
Being the go-to person for collaboration between business and technical resources
Monitors feedback on the use of business applications, enhancing system productivity as needed.
Understand the organization’s collaboration, workflow, data and document management requirements and identification of opportunities
Provision of business and technical requirements documentation
- Examples of solving tangible business problems using data analytics based off complex data structures
- Demonstrable firsthand experience of delivering BI and Analytical solutions using a variety of tools.
- Interpret business requirements and translate this into scalable data models
- Quality control the solution through build and delivery
- Monitor quality and reliability to reduce rework, user frustration and errors
- Ability to write basic code in either SQL, Python or R to do data discovery
- Evidence of strong documentation and presentation skills
- Focused on accuracy of output and long-term reliability
- Utilize knowledge of business processes and tools to make recommendations to business and other impacted parties regarding solution options and deployment strategies
- Document usage processes for data entry/creation/management
- Provide expert user support and guidance, as required
- Deliver user training and documentation, as required
- Experience getting consensus and buy in on solutions that are right
- Extracting data from an IFS, SAP or Oracle ERP for reporting and analysis purposes
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with SSAS, SSIS, DAX and Power BI
- Excel Power User
Nice to have:
- Experience with Azure Synapse would be advantageous.
- PowerApps or PowerFlow experience
- Aha! or JIRA experience
- Data Governance Experience
- Design thinking or Design sprint facilitation skills
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Effective Communication Skills
- Constantly curious
- Data analysis and strategy
- Data Visualization using Power BI
- Data Modeling Concepts
- Creativity and Innovation
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (8)
Software Engineer Intern, Careers At MBiz Software, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 23, 2022 Internship
Senior Software Engineer, Careers At OREL IT, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 25, 2022 Full-Time
IT Services Intern, Opportunity At Circles.Life, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 18, 2022 Internship
IT Executive, Vacancies At Finetech Consultancy, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 12, 2022 Full-Time