Would you like to work in a place where you can bring your purpose to life through the work that you do? You can create a better business and better world by working on brands that are loved and improve the lives of millions while you learn from brilliant business leaders!
We have an opportunity for Brand Manager, see more information below.
But first, an important message.
Diversity is one of our most relevant pillars in people management and our main objective is to develop an internal environment open to the multiplicity of world views, through inclusion without stereotypes. This allows us to value the best professionals, bringing together different profiles and operating styles, and to face with greater propriety the current and future challenges of the company.
At Unilever, more than 50% of leadership positions are held by women. And we want more diversity in our company. In this way, we consider all candidates for our vacancies, regardless of disability, race, color, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, or any other diversity.
Is this position made for you?
As the Brand Manager you will solely be responsible for driving and delivering agreed brand objectives. You will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure all plans for brand promotion, innovation, brand budgets etc are in place and work closely external agencies in developing and landing advertising strategies for your brand. You will report to the category lead of your respective brand category.
How would you create a better world?
- Review and agree brand objectives and prepare volume, value, and margin forecasts.
- Achieve agreed annual contract brand volumes, underlying volume growth, trading contribution and market shares.
- Lead the process of brand development, using relevant tools, in line with category strategies.
- Develop company-wide deep understanding of market dynamics and consumers, with support from relevant department and third-party agencies.
- Develop distinct advertising employing Unilever prescribed systems and procedures.
- Ensure that category/brand media plans are in place and adhered to.
- Train and develop subordinates to raise their skills, competencies, and potential for future progress.
- Lead the process of deploying innovations on time in full in the marketplace.
- Propose consumer price changes on a regular basis to achieve target margins and trading contribution.
- Develop activation plan to meet JTBD through activation team.
- Propose, control, and reconcile support budgets.
- Ensure that accurate demand plans are in place.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders including trade marketing team in planning and implementing trade / consumer activities.
- Liaise with external teams – creative agency, media agency, activation agency and PR agencies on brand activities.
- Engage with consumers to gain an in depth understanding of the category and need for specialist products.
- Ensure availability of products (sourced and locally manufactured) and leading discussions on issues relating to the brand and taking corrective action.
What’s important for you to have in this position?
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s in Business Management degree preferably in marketing or an equal professional qualification.
- Candidate must have minimum 3-4 years of experience in Brand Management/Marketing. (experience in FMCG will be ad advantage)
- Candidate should be self-confident and assertive with good inter- personal skills and relationship management skills.
- Candidate must be a strategic thinker and have passion for growth.
Why should you choose Unilever?
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world.
You will work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us.
You will lead innovations, big and small, that will make our business win and grow.
You will learn from brilliant business leaders and colleagues who provide mentorship and inspiration so that you can become a better you.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Related Jobs (92)
Marketing Internship at Applova Inc. in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 23, 2023 Internship
Assistant Manager – Human Capital, Vacancies At PwC, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 23, 2023 Full-Time