Casual Research Assistant
– Reconciliation of credit card bills
– Ordering materials for research
– Performing bench work: Cell, molecular biology and histology based experiments and providing Principal Investigator (PI) and trainees with help on bench work
– Preparing list of trainees for lab presentation
– Allocating common tasks for trainees
– Keeping track of supplies for research materials
– Cleaning freezers
– Helping new students to get their IDs, computer access, etc.
– Keeping an eye on day-to-day management issues in the lab and providing updates to PI
– Visiting animal facility and maintaining the mouse colonies.
– Assisting PI on animal user protocol (AUP) renewal
Hours per Week:
14 (Part time)
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Related Jobs (161)
Creative Intern, Vacancies at ADA, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on May 13, 2022 Internship