Data Management Analyst
Our purpose: At Pearson we ‘add life to a lifetime of learning’ so everyone can realise the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. Pearson Purpose
Our company: Pearson was founded in 1844 and has been built on our ability to grow with and adapt to a constantly evolving market. Our 20,000+ employees are dedicated to creating the high-quality, digital-first, accessible and sustainable resources for lifelong learning.
Diversity: At Pearson we value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced as strengths and opportunities are equal and accessible.
Flexible working: Pearson is committed to hybrid working practices and has adopted flexible remote and virtual working. Where possible our employees can choose to manage their attendance to the office more flexibly.
Our team: Virtual Learning – Pearson Online Learning Services Australia (POLS) partners with leading Australian Universities and assists them to acquire and retain students for online programs.
The role: The Data Management Analysts key focus areas will be in creating policies and procedures to support all aspects of data (Quality, Access, Standards, Retention, Disposal) in compliance with both local and global practices. This will include taking accountability for existing data ingestion practices whilst contributing to target state integration and automated data collection approaches.
What you will do
Build & Implement supporting data policies and procedures. Services to define clear Data Governance & Standards artefacts
- Define and manage business rules for data transformation
- Deliver detailed documentation for technical and business users to transfer and share knowledge of data processes
- Accountability for data quality, standards associated with data usage & compliance with Pearson policies
- Introduce measurable improvements to data quality, reduce the number of defects through automation and standardised access controls
- Ownership and responsibility for multiple data sources and their quality
- Analyse business data to identify opportunities to optimise or drive efficiencies across its lifecycle
- Data maintenance, analysis, cleansing and structuring for business needs
- Support creation of documentation and training sessions to grow awareness across business
- Create and implement monitoring for data platforms and data ingestion processes.
To be successful in this role, you’ll ideally have
Programming experience with SQL and Python
- Relational database proficiency and data warehousing experience
- Conceptual and physical data modelling experience
- Technical/Business documentation writing
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Google Cloud data tools (Big Query, Data Prep, Cloud Storage)
- Experience with Business intelligence tools (Tableau or Google Data Studio)
- Higher education experience
- Salesforce CRM and SOQL experience
- Monitoring and Notification platform skills e.g. (DataDog)
If you are as passionate as we are about changing lives through learning, then help us to learn more about you and why you want to work with Pearson. Click ‘Apply Now’ to create your application online.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (21)
Junior Executive – Tech Systems, Careers At MTI Consulting, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 28, 2022 Full-Time
Implementation Engineer – Intern, Opportunity At Codevus, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2022 Internship
Intern .NET C# Developer, Opportunity At APP360 (PVT) Ltd., Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2022 Internship
Senior Executive/ Assistant Manager- IT, Careers At BDO, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 26, 2022 Full-Time
PMT Project Manager Jobs At Virtusa, Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 23, 2022 Full-Time
Program Manager Jobs At Virtusa, Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 16, 2022 Full-Time
UI Development Lead Jobs At Virtusa, Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 16, 2022 Full-Time
Intern AI Engineer, Opportunity At Rootcode Labs, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 7, 2022 Internship
Production Manager, Jobs at Drifting Desk in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on August 29, 2022 Full-Time