Data Science/Data Engineering Internship
Surge Global is a digital consultancy that leverages marketing, data, and technology to help businesses grow. As Sri Lanka’s leading digital firm, we employ the best content, creative, design, engineering & data science talent the country has to offer.
Embracing a culture of transparency and equality in the workplace, we’ve built an environment helping Sri Lanka’s best marketing and creative talent thrive. Our team looks at untangling multivariate problems with an open mind and the willingness to constantly test and learn.
With our headquarters in Colombo Sri Lanka, we help scale startups to Fortune 500 companies across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Sri Lanka.
During this paid internship, you’ll learn the basics of Data Science and Data Engineering in a real-world setting, working together with industry experts and taking on live projects. This is a paid internship that lasts for six months.
By the end of the internship, we expect that you would have gathered the skills and attitude required to work alongside the marketers, analysts, and growth hackers here at Surge to take your career forward and join our ranks.
What you’ll be doing/learning:
- Hands-on experience in the full software development lifecycle for data-intensive systems
- Hands-on experience in implementing enterprise-grade data pipelines and cutting-edge models, and obtaining knowledge of related processes and practices
- Participate in requirement gathering, architecture and data/machine learning model review discussions with development and business teams
- Work on setting up development environments and gain exposure to DevOps and MLOps practices
- Gain experience working in a multinational organization
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of application systems, data pipelines, model lifecycles, and infrastructure
- Improve communication skills and understand the dynamics of working in a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic programming, data structures and algorithms, and OOP concepts
- Knowledge of database and data warehousing concepts and SQL
- Excellent grasp of foundational machine learning and statistical concepts
- Experience with the Python scientific stack (including NumPy, pandas and sklearn); (Py)Spark or PyTorch/TensorFlow experience will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (772)
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Footage Creations in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at ICP Techno LLC in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 30, 2022 Part-Time
Senior Java Software Engineer Jobs at FINAP in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
.NET Backend Developer Jobs at APP360 (PVT) Ltd in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer – React Native Jobs at Rootcode in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at ZinCaT Technology in Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Acceura Solutions in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at H-Connect GBS in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time