DevOps Engineer & Cloud App Developer – IBM CIC
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced cloud engineer to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure. To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
Cloud Engineer Responsibilities:
- GCP/Azure developer with experience of full stack development, with hands-on knowledge in backend API-first microservice development using Golang or Python, containerizing application using Docker and deploying in the full value chain.
- Knowledge of Google Pub-Sub, event architecture, eventual consistency, strong consistency, publish subscribe concepts.
- Collaborating with engineering, development teams and Product owners to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions. Modifying and improving existing systems.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
The selection is continuous and the role will be filled as soon as possible.
This is a job of IBM Client Innovation Center Sweden AB.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of cloud computing.
- Google Cloud and/or Microsoft Azure Cloud Application Development experience.
- Experience with CI/CD systems.
- GCP, Azure certifications preferred.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Client management skills.
- Significant knowledge in GitFlow, DevOps and GitOps.
- Strong will and execution capability for automating every task which needs to be repeated twice.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Extensive knowledge on event driven architecture in a distributed hybrid cloud landscape including design patterns like publish subscribe, idempotent processor, eventual consistency, sharding and CQRS.
- Preferred implementation knowledge in Solace PubSub+ or similar event streaming solution like Kafka.
- Advantage if worked in Monitoring solutions like Signalfx or similar and Observability techniques.
You must be eligible to work in Sweden when applying.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (176)
Senior Software Developer Jobs At Pearson, Bangalore, India on May 13, 2022 Full-Time