Engineer, Application Management
Support of the UnaVista production services consisting of multiple applications/Regulators.
Responsible for support and maintenance of the UnaVista’s operational application architecture resolving issues reactively as well as implementing proactive solutions to prevent reoccurrence of issues.
- Monitor and provide daily status updates to management regarding the status of processes and applications
- Resolve Incidents and Problems
- Monitor ServiceNow for Incidents and Problems
- Dealing with live service issues (P1 incidents) and helping to restore service
- as quickly as possible
- Proactively analyse problems and decide on suitable resolutions
- Apply resolutions following the LSEG Change Management procedure
- Report status to relevant business and IT teams
- Record progress of incident resolution in ServiceNow
- Follow documented incident management procedures and escalate to the senior management team where necessary
- Supervise and liaise with the offshore support team on all BAU issues
- Bug fixes and enhancements
- Design solutions for longer term fixes for application bugs and small functionality enhancement requests
- Implement application fixes
- Update relevant documentation with changes
- Co-ordinate the Release process for new releases
- Work to the ITIL standard following LCH policies
- Troubleshooting UnaVista systems using SQL and where required Windows
- server skills
- Resolve performance and capacity issues using advanced SQL skills
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of issues
- Manage disk expansions and liaise with internal technical resources Backup management and monitoring
- Manage and maintain the UnaVista event monitoring tool
- Contribute to the Incident & Problem Management process
- Work with Development, Professional Services, QA and Solution Architects to ensure that business solutions are delivered to plan and customers are satisfied
- Out of hours support (once competent in all areas of support responsibility)
- Be available for overnight support of production services to ensure successful completion of processing
- Respond to overnight calls and deal with issues
- Support weekend releases and maintenance work
- Participate in Production out of hours activities such as Disaster Recovery exercises
- Manage several maintenance and operational tasks such as patching, cluster failovers and DR testing
- Assist in project related work
- Carry out requirements as defined by project team
- Quality check potential changes
- Review development release packages prior to production deployment
- Provide benefit of experience in the business area and application
- Degree educated, preferably in a technical discipline
- Experience of working in an IT support or development team (3-5 years minimum)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical background in the core technologies with multiple years of experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to IT and business teams and to senior management as well as off-shore support teams.
- Strong level of attention to details
- Experience in an investment banking environment
- Familiarity with financial products and financial terms
- Good financial services industry experience with post trade knowledge, ideally in regulatory reporting
- Understanding and experience of incident & problem management
- Understanding and experience in Service-Now application handling
- Understanding and experience of application and infrastructure monitoring
- Fundamentals to the Could technologies – AWS/Azure/etc.
Key Skills :
- Very strong knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server and query writing is essential ideally with experience working with very large databases
- Good knowledge of Windows server system administration, clustering and related technology operations tasks
- Qualified with the ITIL v3 Foundation course level
- Demonstrate strong intellect, coupled with strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- A proven technologist from a hands-on IT background, with strong technical understanding, appreciation of modern systems architecture, security and high availability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly document technical work
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (390)
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Dutton Labs LK in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at CuSolid in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer – .Net Jobs at Calcey in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time