The primary function of this role will be to join the Production Enterprise System Support Team, providing Infrastructure Support of the LAN, & WAN environment. This position would suit someone who enjoys being part of a demanding IT production environment and has ambition to succeed.
- Implement and monitor network systems for optimal performance.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records to ensure system integrity.
- Monitor developments in the network industry, taking the appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Escalate security risks and violation according to company procedures.
- Take corrective action on identification of security violations.
- Respond to network enquires effectively and in a timely manner.
- Install software and operating system upgrades / patches as the need arises.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance plan.
- Use appropriate information and data analyse techniques to diagnose problems and research solutions.
- Document and communicate problems, solutions and implementation process.
- Implement change adopting best practice from the ITIL framework.
- Query manufacture information and system specific resources.
- Monitor work load, manage time and prioritise requests.
- Work closely with other production teams and third party suppliers teams to resolve problems requiring additional input.
- Provide regular updates using a fault management tool.
- Work to ensure timings for all OLAs and SLAs are met.
- Provide consultancy and support to report clients requiring connectivity to internal systems, including site visit to resolve problems or install hardware.
- Deliver project related work to specific timescales.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Cisco LAN & WAN environment e.g. Routing & Switching Troubleshooting CCNP or equivalent level of experience (IOS/NEXOS).
- Checkpoint – Firewall Support (including Add & Change Management) CCSA/CCSE or equivalent level of experience (R67/75).
- F5 – knowledge and understanding of Load balancing (LTM) or similar product.
- Stakeholder Management Eg. Vendors
- Experience working with LAN & WAN analysis tools such as Wire Shark, TCP dump etc.
- Experience working with routing & switching protocols including OSPF, BGP, EIGRP & RSTP.
- Desirable skills and experience Knowledge of:
– Cisco IPSEC VPN.
– F5 – GTM APM
– Cisco Nexus
– Checkpoint VSX
– Wan Acceleration products (WAAS)
– Netscaler (RAS)
– DNS architectures
- Excellent interpersonal skills such as excellent communication skills, team player, self driven, flexible, customer focussed and self motivated by challenges
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and desire to ensure a high quality customer service along with a delivery-focussed approach
- Work under flexible working hours and support the team by attending beyond regular working hours
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (382)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship
Senior Graphic Designer Jobs at Wonder Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Graphic Designer Jobs at Visual Studios Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Developer Jobs at CAREER141 in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 31, 2023 Full-Time