Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for an Engineering Manager to join our team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field
• 2+ years in a Lead role guiding a team of software engineers
• 6+ years of professional technical experience delivering software as part of a development team utilizing Java, ReactJS, NodeJS , RDBMS
• Experience in scalable software design using Cloud technologies
• Technical acumen to understand and apply applications, development methodologies, test automation, and continuous integration strategies
• A passion for hands-on mentorship of engineers and a process-honoring approach to software development
• Clear ability to pragmatically balance business priorities with technical constraints
• A drive for simple solutions and ability to succinctly communicate them to functional and technical teams
• Own, oversee, execute and review the development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale software applications.
• Work with team members to design high-volume, high-availability microservices in AWS to meet the business requirements.
• Mentor team members in both their technical and professional development.
• Recruit, retain and develop exceptional engineering talent.
• Deliver robust and scalable solutions, incorporating in new technologies as appropriate.
• Cultivate a positive company culture that values cross team collaboration and trust.
• Partner with Product teams to set product and development strategy and vision with an eye towards balancing productivity and customer experience.
• Advocate for engineering-led initiatives that improve speed, quality, agility, and developer experience.
• Continuously optimize team and development processes.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
• An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
• The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
• Technical training and soft skills development programmes.
• Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers
• A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly
Offered SalaryNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (606)
QA / Senior QA Engineer Jobs at Mind Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 9, 2022 Full-Time
Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at Exetel in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 9, 2022 Full-Time
Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at Xinfinit GmbH in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 9, 2022 Full-Time
Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at Appspotr in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 9, 2022 Full-Time
Associate Software Engineer Jobs at DirectPay in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 9, 2022 Full-Time
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Avonet Technologies in Sri Lanka (Remote) on December 9, 2022 Full-Time
Trainee Game Developer Jobs at ZinCaT Technology in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 9, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Java Developer Jobs at ISA in Colombo, Sri Lanka on December 9, 2022 Full-Time