Executive, Finance (Office of Education Research) [NIE]
ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of the nation’s education service. We play a key role in the preparation of teachers and in the provision of teacher professional and school leadership development programmes. We are committed to our vision of being An Institute of Distinction: Leading the Future of Education and our mission to Inspire Learning, Transform Teaching and Advance Research.
The National Institute of Education invites suitable candidates to join the Office of Education Research (OER) as Executive, Finance. The Office of Education Research oversees the management of education research across the Institute to enhance the Institute’s strategic aims of learning, teaching and research as well as to enhance its standing as a leading international research institution. This is a contract position until 30 Sep 2023 and is renewable depending on individual’s performance and the needs of the organisation.
- Process of claims/invoices and maintain Finance (Research Projects and Operating Funds) databases.
- Record and update of project and non-project expenses in Vote Control Record.
- Assist in budget, finance and procurement related queries for projects.
- Conduct month end finances reconciliation within stipulated deadline.
- Coordinate and process the completion of procurement activities from requisition to awarding stage in a timely manner.
- Asset tracking including tagging, loan, asset retirement, loss, etc.
- Assist with financial and external inventory audits.
- Work closely with key management and administrative colleagues in OER.
- Other duties and administrative functions as assigned by the Reporting Officer.
- Polytechnic diploma, preferably in business or accounting.
- At least 3 years of financial experience preferably in an Institute of Higher Learning.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and organization skills.
- Highly motivated, independent and a strong team player.
- Meticulous with good analytical skills.
- Able to problem solve and work within tight deadlines.
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
21 March 2023
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their home to the NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNon-Executive
- Experience3 Years
Related Jobs (11)
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Group Taxation Jobs at MAS Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Product Specialist – Pricing Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Finance Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Finance Executive Jobs at John Keells Information Technology in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time