Finance Lead – Hammond, IN Factory
Relocation assistance may be provided.
Background & Purpose of the Job
At Unilever, we act fast to anticipate consumer needs, fast to translate ideas into new products, and fast to make, distribute and market them. We create products that people enjoy, trust and use as part of their daily lives. Which is why, as part of Unilever, you can make an impact! We look for people with different views, ideas, experiences and backgrounds to bring dynamism to the business and, most importantly, an empathy with consumers. It’s those individuals working together that make Unilever one of the most successful consumer goods companies in the world.
We need individuals with the courage to be heard, seize opportunities and take risks. A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that embraces diversity. As an Assistant Controller, you will partner with the Sourcing Unit to enable the business to meet its’ financial goals, proactively lead efforts to identify opportunities and implement solutions to enhance the financial performance of the Sourcing Unit.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
This roleshould have exceptional leadership and be an innate problem-solver, with the ability to support the business in developing and executing on effective business strategies, including the planning and budgeting process. This individual will manage an on-site Assistant Controller.
- Contribute to drive financial performance of the site together with leadership team
- Responsible for month end close activities
- Contribute to drive financial performance of the site through World Class Manufacturing (WCM)
- Lead annual business planning process, forecasts and actual reporting
- Liaise with Supply Chain Finance Services to ensure complete and timely running of the ABC Make model and generation of overhead allocation to products
- Provide analysis of the output transfer prices, detailing reasons for movements
- Maintain a robust forecasting system in operation and assure budget holders are involved
- Participate in cost improvement / restructuring / capex / sourcing projects, challenge, calculate sensitivities and build business cases
- Provide financial expertise and challenge on ad hoc projects
- Play a key role in the finance community within the North American supply chain, developing relationships to drive performance improvements in the SU, sharing best practices with colleagues
- Plays an active role in driving for change and continuous improvement in the business and within finance; identify areas that require improvement
You love to win, and have fun doing it:
Models success and fulfillment, achieves satisfaction by helping others to continue developing their skills.
You’re a changemaker:
Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
You’re a paradox navigator:
The ability to navigate the many embedded operational tensions.
You’re a culture & change champion:
Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor degree in a related field required; Masters degree or CPA preferred
- 4+ years of of relevant finance experience
- Prior work experience in Supply Chain Finance strongly preferred; Consumer Product Goods (CPG) preferred
- ERP Experience required; SAP preferred
- Microsoft Office required; Advanced Excel required
- Business partnering experience with clear, focused and sound financial assessment and guidance (strategic insights, risks, and opportunities)
- Leading efficient and effective budgeting and forecasting activities (complex and time sensitive, cycle driven and continuous forward look approaches)
- Providing incisive and persuasive management performance reporting and analysis solutions across multiple organizational dimensions
- Developing strong personal and team relationships across a multitude of business
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- Experience4 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (9)
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Group Taxation Jobs at MAS Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Product Specialist – Pricing Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Finance Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Finance Executive Jobs at John Keells Information Technology in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time