About the job
Ensure that all financial aspects of the operations are controlled by maintaining focus over all receipts and disbursements. Prepares financial reports on a regular basis or as requested. Works co-operatively with the Executive Committee to maintain a high level operational understanding and financial control.
Areas of Responsibility
Ensures that all work is done accurately, timely, and in accordance with Radisson Hotel Group standard accounting practices and in compliance with the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry, 11th edition, by directing the overall operations of the accounting department.
- Delegates authority and responsibility to appropriate employees.
- Provides for the orderly reporting of financial matters by developing appropriate systems and procedures.
Provides guidance for management by directing, preparing, and providing accurate financial analysis.
- Assures compliance with internal controls and check charts.
- Investigates problems that may arise in reporting of hotel operations.
- Proves that systems are working accurately by performing audits.
- Directs and maintains flow of communications.
- Analyses variances to budget in operating statement, making appropriate recommendations.
- Audits weekly costs and expenses.
- Identifies operational areas that are inefficient and suggests possible solutions to the Executive Committee.
Achieves best possible financial status for the hotel by performing a variety of control functions.
- Authorize accounting related documents according to Policies and Procedures.
- Optimize cash flow according to Policies and Procedures.
- Complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations by preparing and filing tax and license information returns.
- Ensures collection of accounts receivable.
- Reviews and maintains accurate files on all contractual obligations of the hotel.
Meets and exceeds the expectations of employees by utilizing leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction of direct reports.
- Develops and implements strategies to achieve Employee Engagement Survey goals.
- Selects qualified employees and provides orientation and training.
- Creates a positive work environment for all employees.
- Determines and communicates standards of performance to employees. Evaluates employee performance on a regular basis and recommends salary increases as appropriate.
- Develops employees to maximize potential and prepare for future promotional opportunities by conducting counselling sessions, determining developmental needs and allowing these needs to be met.
- Ensures that disciplinary action is taken as required utilizing consistency, fairness and respect within frame work of established guidelines.
Prepares reports as requested to develop a more informative data base for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities and implement and utilize Business Intelligence applications as and when they are introduced.
- Directs the preparation of any information required by owners, corporate office, or General Manager.
- Complies daily, weekly and quarterly reports.
- Performs monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliation.
- Directs the preparation of check charts, credit reports, as well as month end reports.
- Assists all departments in the preparation of budgets.
- Prepares monthly financial statements.
- Maintains capital improvement register.
- Minimum of five years of progressive finance management experience in an international brand hotel setting
- Working experience in Sri Lanka
- University / Bachelor’s Degree required
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) or equivalent level experience is an advantage
- Able to collaborate effectively with other hotel employees and managers to ensure teamwork
- Able to resolve conflicts with supervisors and employees
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, finance and hospitality profession
- Experience with accounting software
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Material Control, Sun System & Opera
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience5 Years
- INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
- QualificationBachelor's Degree