Generative Modeling in Biomedicine
The latest research in the field of biomedical image synthesis is driven by deep learning-based methods which mostly utilize so-called generative models (e.g. generative adversarial networks or variational autoencoders). The simulation frameworks that use the generative models have already attracted attention and are becoming more and more popular as they (are able to) produce sufficiently plausible results in large quantities. Their use is however limited by the complexity of the underlying neural networks that rapidly grow with the dimensionality of the input image data. The aim of this research topic is to study the properties of individual generative models, choose the suitable one for use in the field of virtual live-cell imaging, and analyze the quality of the computer-generated image data.
The student is expected to have (or be about to finish) a Master level education in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related areas, with demonstrated overview in the field. Good knowledge of English language is expected as well as willingness to spend 3-6 months in a collaborating group abroad during the PhD studies; prior knowledge of Czech is not necessary.
The applications will be evaluated by the department committee, whose members will choose the best applicant. The announced PhD position is funded with a stipend of net value at least 29 000 CZK per month (this amount consists of the standard doctoral stipend and the extra departmental supplement of 10 000 CZK per month). The stipend is granted to the successful applicant for the first 2 years, with an expected renewal (after an evaluation) for another 2 years. The total length of study is 4 years.
Applicants are advised to contact directly their prospective supervisor (as listed below) for more specific details, well ahead of the deadline. The final applications consisting of CV (including education, degrees and dates, publications/scientific presentations, skills/experiences in programming languages, project work, academic awards, etc.), motivation letter explaining why you apply specifically for this project and why you are the perfect candidate, transcript of the grades from the Master’s and Bachelor’s degree, two references (written or just two contact names), and possibly other relevant documents supporting the candidate’s excellence should be sent to the Head of the Department
- Assoc.Prof. Petr Matula, before the respective deadline for application (see above)
The candidates are still obliged to pass the standard admission procedure for doctoral study. The stipend can be awarded only after successfully completing the standard admission procedure.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelStudent
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)
Related Jobs (58)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time