Lead DevOps Engineer – Development Tools
At CAKE we are developing an end-to-end technology platform for restaurants and retail outlets. With a Silicon Valley mindset backed by decades of experience in the restaurant, retail, and foodservice space, we are disrupting the way that businesses run and connect with their customers through innovation.
As a Mad Mobile company, we have forged partnerships with Apple, Salesforce, Oracle, and many other tech leaders that help us expand the capabilities of our platform to serve our customers better and seek out new markets.
We are currently on the lookout for an energetic Lead DevOps Engineer – Development Tools to support and drive Mad Mobile’s DevOps culture
What you will be responsible for
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; capable of building relationships with teams and individuals outside of the IT domain.
- Collaborate and work closely with teams across the business to understand current priorities, fully executing tasks assigned.
- Configuring, managing, and enhancing Jira and Confluence tools, including native functionality as well as researching, testing, and implementing plugins and other integrations in support of business objectives.
- Understanding the current Atlassian tool process, gathering requirements, investigating potential solutions, analysing impact, communicating with stakeholders, and implementing solutions
- Developing interfaces between external tooling and Jira/Confluence infrastructure.
- Managing complex Jira workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Provisioning, maintaining, and improving our existing Atlassian cloud infrastructure to include the consolidation, configuring, and enhancing of multiple Jira instances.
- Researching, designing, developing and/or modifying enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Using tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Jira, Confluence, and Git to improve and speed delivery of products and services.
- Extending and maintaining automation frameworks in the areas of infrastructure as code and CI/CD.
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
What you need to have to apply for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (or a combination of education and experience).
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in design, implementation, and system engineering.
- Experience in setting up and supporting Atlassian Tools (Jira,Confluence, etc.).
- SQL and JQL query experience.
- Experience customising workflows, setting up dashboards, and generating reports.
- Experience with Jira Service Desk, Continuous Integration and building test automation frameworks.
- Passion for quality and solving problems in complex computing environments.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment (2 years minimum).
- Extensive experience with scripting and programming such as Python.
- Knowledge of test and QA automation frameworks.
- Experience with meeting industry regulatory standards and risk management frameworks such as SOX, PCI, GLBA, HIPAA, ISO 27001, and NIST CSF frameworks.
The ideal candidate must exhibit the following
- Effectively communicates complex technical concepts in succinct language with minimal jargon, providing options to best address company objectives.
- Accustomed to working in cloud-native environments (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Ability to automate and extend base Jira/Confluence functionality, including scripting.
- Design and develop customisation and plugins.
- Experience developing custom plugins using Java for Jira 7.x and Confluence 6.x.
- Experience using/extending REST API using Java for Jira and Confluence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, flexibility, and positive attitude.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team atmosphere where open communication is expected.
- Flourish in small company environment where hard work and levity are equally valued.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (381)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship
Senior Graphic Designer Jobs at Wonder Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Graphic Designer Jobs at Visual Studios Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Developer Jobs at CAREER141 in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 31, 2023 Full-Time