Lead/Senior Systems Engineer – Success Expert Delivery – Global Hub
IFS is a billion-dollar revenue company with 5000+ employees on all continents. We deliver award-winning enterprise software solutions through the use of embedded digital innovation and a single cloud-based platform to help businesses be their best when it really matters–at the Moment of Service™.
At IFS, we’re flexible, we’re innovative, and we’re focused not only on how we can engage with our customers but on how we can make a real change and have a worldwide impact. We help solve some of society’s greatest challenges, fostering a better future through our agility, collaboration, and trust.
We celebrate diversity and accept that there are so many different perspectives in this world. As a truly international company serving people from around the globe, we realize that our success is tantamount to the respect we have for those different points of view. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, diverse environment; you will
be joining a winning team with a commitment to sustainability; and a company where we get things done so that you can make a positive impact on the world.
We’re looking for innovative and original thinkers to work in an environment where you can
#MakeYourMoment so that we can help others make theirs.
If you want to change the status quo, we’ll help you make your moment. Join Team Purple. Join IFS.
Success Expert Delivery is a new organization at IFS that is responsible for creating and executing new ways of support and services for IFS customers. IFS Success Menu Card Services help our customers and partners to design, implement, adopt, run, and extend IFS-centric solution landscapes successfully and allow our customers to achieve their anticipated value from IFS software usage. The Success Expert Delivery team will consist of elite experts, who have specialized skills to guide and advise our customers and partners.
The System Engineer is focused on improving our processes for the future while also supporting current customers’ system and infrastructure needs. They can independently assess customer needs and make recommendations for continuous improvement. They are continuously developing themselves professionally to stay current and relevant, and this is supported throughout IFS. We expect you to continuously want to develop and learn to stay relevant and being an expert that shares knowledge and experience with customers and colleagues. This includes staying updated within your field of expertise.
A Systems Engineer must enjoy working in teams and be particularly good at networking. You will work closely with colleagues and customers, ensuring we deliver value to the customer. Primary expectation of the job role would be to be a part of a global team providing services to IFS’s premium engagement offerings.
To succeed in the role as a Lead/Senior System Engineer, we expect you are:
- Be an integral part of a Global team providing services to our premium engagement offerings
- Good at guiding our customers in how to best utilize the IFS products in their IT infrastructure.
- Confident to utilize knowledge of modern IT architecture and concepts, including servers, operating systems, virtualization, and networking to assist customers in the selection and configuration of the technical infrastructure necessary to support their planned use of IFS products.
- Familiar with common technologies like Oracle, Azure, network, and Kubernetes
- Involved in providing advisory expert services such as below
- Provide Application Health Check IFSAPPs/FSM
- Database Optimization (Oracle/SQL Server)
- Database Backup/recovery Strategy Best Practices
- IFS Printing Configuration Best Practices
- IFS Cloud – Build & Delivery Advisory & Best Practices
- Installations and Database backup & monitoring
The following requirements will give you an added advantage. If you:
- Used to work in projects with implementation/upgrade of ERP systems/applications or aftermarket processes on the customer or vendor side.
- Have experience in advising customers regarding network and infrastructure setup.
- An academic background with a with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Networking (or equivalent training/work experience)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in working with the infrastructure layer of ERP best-of-breed system.
- Demonstrated experience managing Oracle database in production scenarios
- Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat, OEL), Windows Server
- Automation platforms: Ansible, Chef
- Scripting: PowerShell, Bash
- Orchestration: Kubernetes, Microk8s
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts
- Strong analytical skills and a technical mindset
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as needed
- Experience with software installation/upgrade and system integrations
- Experience with Kubernetes, GIT, Cloud based platforms (Azure, AWS), network (proxies, load balancer etc.)
- Working knowledge of Oracle WebLogic application server
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience3 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (145)
- Software Engineer Jobs at BlinQ Software in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer (Java ) Jobs at Innodata Lanka in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Engineer Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Developer (C++) Jobs at Tetherfi in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Architect Jobs at Mad Mobile LK in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Frontend Developer Jobs at H-Town Technologies in Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Data Engineer Jobs at BISTEC Global Services in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Engineer (C++) Jobs at LAKSHAN in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time