Manager, Project Managers
As a Manager, Project Managers, you will manage & provide leadership to Project Managers. We take a disciplined approach to project management, clearly defining objectives, timing, and critical elements to ensure success.
What You’ll Do:
- Management and leadership for staff of Project Managers within respective Business Unit (BU).
- Acceptance and sharing of best practices and lessons learned, continuously improving the JR Project Execution Process (PEP).
- In depth understanding of the financial details and timing of each project with respective Business Unit including but not limited to overall budget, scheduling, root cause analysis and corrective action planning and execution.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively to BU Managers and Executive Management team regarding project status, financial reporting and other concerns, using a proactive approach.
- Possess strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proactive decision analysis capabilities; takes into consideration size, complexity, visible and unknown risks, timelines, etc.
- Preparation and communication of project status meetings and escalation of critical issues.
- Coordinating / monitoring project documentation, timelines, technical performance, budget, production, quality deliverables, and corrective action initiatives.
- Partner with Program Management Office (PMO) at JR to implement Company and professional project management methodology (PMBOK) and industry best practices.
- Partner with PMO to maintain and continuously improve, a standard project management process supported by tools and measures.
- Partner with PMO to organize multi-level PM training, including training on process and tools consistent with Company standards.
- Mentor and coach project managers and subordinates, especially in project scope, scope change management, requirements definition and compliance, scope change, project planning, project financial performance and EAC forecasting, and risk management.
- Perform project audits to ensure adherence to the JR Project Execution Process (PEP).
- Assist in the recovery of struggling projects and raise critical project-related issues with management and assist in their resolution.
- Partner with PMO to create a reporting mechanism to provide schedule and budget status to management.
- Partner with PMO to facilitate key projects.
- Identify and implement potential improvements that benefit projects and project teams.
- Collaborate with functional peers to resolve critical issues on projects, especially resource needs and project priority.
- Work with Business Unit management to ensure that all projects are properly staffed at project kick-off.
- Ability to serve as acting Business Unit Leader in absence of active Business Unit Leaders.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years of applicable experience within the industrial automation or comparable industry managing complex projects.
- 3+ years of experience managing, leading and developing team of direct reports.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred but not required.
- Project Management experience on very large, complex projects and/or challenging customer accounts ($20M+ in revenue).
Skills You’ll Have:
- Experience in direct customer commercial management and cross-functional team leadership.
- Possess a strong technical background.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Project).
- Must have the ability to become proficient in company systems, processes and tools.
- This is an onsite position located in Stevensville, MI
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 20% of time
- This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project
Offered SalaryNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (713)
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Footage Creations in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at ICP Techno LLC in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 30, 2022 Part-Time
Senior Java Software Engineer Jobs at FINAP in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
.NET Backend Developer Jobs at APP360 (PVT) Ltd in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer – React Native Jobs at Rootcode in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at ZinCaT Technology in Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Acceura Solutions in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at H-Connect GBS in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time