PhD candidate in Massive Multiple-Input Multiple-Output(MIMO)Antenna Sensors
About the position
We have a vacancy for a PhD position in massive MIMO antenna system design with additional sensing functionality at the department of manufacturing and civil engineering at NTNU.
Today, air pollution is one of the major health hazards with an estimated 7 million people killed every year and adversely affecting the health of many. Current solutions relay on deploying millions of sensing devices for monitoring large areas, which can be expensive to implement. As the result, they haven’t been implemented in many parts of the globe.
This PhD project explores the use of massive MIMO antenna systems for air quality sensing applications (as a secondary functionality) utilizing sensitive nanomaterials deployed on the antenna element surfaces. The position is part of a research project financed by the Research Council of Norway under the Scientific Renewal Program. The successful PhD candidate will work on designing new massive MIMO antenna systems with additional sensing capabilities.
The candidate will report to the Head of department.
Duties of the position
- Design novel dual functional massive MIMO antenna system suitable for both communication and sensing purposes
- Study on highly sensitive and selective nanomaterials for air quality sensing purposes
- Prototyping and testing of the developed massive MIMO antenna sensor
Required selection criteria
The PhD-position’s main objective is to qualify for work in research positions. The qualification requirement is that you have completed a master’s degree or second degree (equivalent to 120 credits) in Electrical Engineering with a strong academic background in Radio Communications or equivalent education with a grade of B or better in terms of NTNU’s grading scale. If you do not have letter grades from previous studies, you must have an equally good academic foundation. If you are unable to meet these criteria you may be considered only if you can document that you are particularly suitable for education leading to a PhD degree. To be considered for the position, applicants must have:Master’s in electrical engineering with specialization in Antenna Design with a grade of B or better in terms of NTNU’s grading scale.
- Good experience in antenna design, simulation, measurement, and analysis.
- Experience with massive MIMO or antenna array design will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of antenna simulation tools such as ANSYS, HFSS and CST.
- Excellent knowledge in mathematics.
- Good written and oral English proficiency.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and Regulations concerning the degrees of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) and Philosodophiae Doctor (PhD) in artistic research national guidelines for appointment as PhD, post doctor and research assistant
Preferred selection criteria
- Strong publication record in antenna design in general (specifically in massive MIMO or antenna array)
- Experience in research project works
- Knowledge and experience in deposition of sensing nanomaterials will be an advantage
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)
Related Jobs (6)
- Front End Industrial Engineer Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 4, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Sustainability Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Executive – Engineering Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time