PhD Scholarships in Digital Health and Sustainability Informatics Monash University Faculty of Information Technology Australia
Join Australia’s most innovative university*
More PhD students choose Monash Faculty of Information Technology to pursue their research interests. Why? Because we are:
- the only dedicated IT faculty out of the prestigious Group of Eight, Australia’s leading universities
- in the world’s top 100 for Computing and Information Sciences (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021)
- ranked ‘Above world standard’ across all categories in Information and Computing Sciences and ‘Well above world standard for Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing’ (State of Australian University Research 2018-19: ERA National Report)
- rated five out of five for AI (2018 Excellence in Research for Australia)
- contributing to Monash’s reputation as Australia’s most innovative university, a title held for three consecutive years (Reuters Top 75: Asia’s most innovative universities, 2017-2019).
We’re also home to the largest data science research group in the southern hemisphere, a global top 10 human-centred computing collective, and the leading software engineering team in the Asia-Pacific – on top of cybersecurity pioneers driving world-first cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
As one of our students, you’ll enjoy rich collaborations, an ever-expanding network of industry and academic connections, and countless opportunities to elevate your expertise onto a global stage.
PhD scholarships open to you
We’re seeking exceptional PhD candidates to join cutting-edge and interdisciplinary IT projects for social good led by our world-class experts. We are currently offering scholarships in a number of areas, including two research themes that span the entire faculty.
We also strongly encourage independent thinking and creativity by inviting truly outstanding candidates to discuss their own original project ideas beyond the ones outlined on our website with our researchers.
Our pioneering research in Digital Health includes deep causal models for AI-assisted clinical pathology, image analysis in forensic pathology and interoperability (using FHIR) in cutting-edge medical software systems.
The socio-technical projects we undertake aim to:
- address issues in patient-doctor interaction
- achieve optimal treatment decisions and patient-centred monitoring
- explore trustworthy data sharing and integration across healthcare systems and organisations.
Sustainability is rapidly growing in importance across all areas and becoming a key focus for organisations, communities and people across the globe. Monash is conducting innovative IT and AI research in interdisciplinary projects that enable and accelerate sustainability projects in all areas.
Focus areas include:
- sustainable energy and Monash’s Net Zero initiative
- environmental modelling and monitoring
- smart agriculture for a secure food production.
Enjoy generous scholarships and living stipends
We are looking to fill several openings for generous scholarship packages with dedicated opportunities for women in IT, candidates from low socio-economic backgrounds and other underrepresented groups. Dedicated funding is also available for Indigenous Australian students.
Every scholarship provides you with a living stipend, a tuition fee waiver and additional candidature benefits that can be used for travel, fieldwork and data collection, specialised training and equipment to support your research. We also pay for our international students’ overseas health cover for the length of their visa.
Proud supporters of equity, diversity and inclusion
IT is for everyone. That’s why we’re committed to leveraging our reputation, reach and impact to empower PhD candidates from underrepresented groups so they can achieve all their research ambitions. One of these is women in IT and STEM more broadly.
As a hub for world-class women researchers, we offer many initiatives to support their success. These include:
- family insurance
- family-friendly facilities such as private parenting and expressing rooms
- dedicated scholarships for women in IT
- support groups and networks such as the ‘Monash FIT Women’ graduate researcher group, the Graduate Research Women’s Network and the STEMM Women Academic Network.
If you’re an aspiring woman graduate researcher, we strongly encourage you to apply for an IT PhD project and join our faculty.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (4)
- Human Resources Internship at Huawei in Colombo, Sri Lanka on August 25, 2023 Internship
- Human Resources Internship at Mind Plusin Colombo, Sri Lanka on August 21, 2023 Internship
- Software Engineer Jobs at Life at Enadoc in Colombo, Sri Lanka on July 28, 2023 Internship