PhD students: Human-Centered AI
We are looking for two Ph.D. students in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) to push the boundaries of Human-Centered AI.
- One Ph.D. project will focus on multi-drone interaction within the context of search and rescue. The project will involve the development and evaluation of digital prototypes to explore different interaction techniques to support end-users in controlling, navigating, and communicating with multi-drone systems. The project will further involve requirements gathering from end-users and other stakeholders and evaluation of the developed prototypes through lab-based and in-situ studies.
- The other Ph.D. project will focus on the design and evaluation of several digital prototypes to explore AI-driven support systems in clinical training for robotic surgery and to construct theory in this domain. Assessment of the prototypes will be conducted through in-situ studies in collaboration with our external clinical partner and may involve both quantitative and qualitative methods.
*Applicants must have a master’s degree in interaction design, software engineering, computer science or closely related fields.
*The applicant must have the required technical skills to develop prototypes as well as an excellent understanding of interaction design.
*Outstanding communication skills are essential. Prior experience with AI development or conducting user studies is desirable.
Please contact Prof. TIM MERRITT for more information.
TIM MERRITT | Associate Professor, Ph.D.
Human-Centered Computing | Department of Computer Science
Selma Lagerlofs Vej 300 5.2 | Aalborg East | 9220 | Denmark
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)