Principal DevOps Engineer – RnD
IFS delivers award-winning enterprise software solutions through the use of embedded digital innovation and a single cloud-based platform to help businesses be their best when it really matters–at the Moment of Service™.
At IFS, we’re flexible, we’re innovative, and we’re focused not only on how we can engage with our customers, but on how we can make a real change and have a worldwide impact. We help solve some of society’s greatest challenges, fostering a better future through our agility, collaboration, and trust.
We celebrate diversity and accept that there are so many different perspectives in this world. As a truly international company serving people from around the globe, we realize that our success is tantamount to the respect we have for those different points of view.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, diverse environment; you will be joining a winning team with a commitment to sustainability; and a company where we get things done so that you can make a positive impact on the world.
We’re looking for innovative and original thinkers to work in an environment where you can #MakeYourMoment so that we can help others make theirs.
If you want to change the status quo, we’ll help you make your moment. Join Team Purple. Join IFS.
We strive to give our customers solutions that cover their needs now and into the future. To achieve that, we go the extra mile in terms of service, availability, and commitment. That’s why #WeAreChallengers. We have been continuously challenging the boundaries of business technology. Although that technology has changed over time, our singular focus on our customers and our employees has not. We are already outpacing the market by growing three times as fast as our competitors and need talented people to help us on our journey.
We are on the lookout for dynamic, experienced tech enthusiasts to join our growing R&D – Cloud Engineering team.
DevOps engineers are the ones that ensure that what we develop at IFS R&D can also run effectively in production and at the same time drive automation of processes spanning from framework development to customer deployment.
A DevOps Engineer will take the lead in designing, developing, deploying and maintaining new and existing tooling/automation solutions to enable IFS to further drive the reliability and efficiency of its operation platforms. A DevOps Engineer at IFS is a driver of further automation in the area in which the person is working and ensures continued robustness of the team’s daily operations. This work is focused on ensuring that continuous integration, testing, and deployment is facilitated using industry DevOps best-practices and tools.
A DevOps Engineer uses their technical know-how to support the entire IFS organization to develop services in such a way that they always can be deployed and tested with a high degree of automation. They demonstrate a strong commitment to the service and process quality and take proactive action to prevent issues from arising and resolve them quickly and effectively when they still do occur.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Design, architect & code fit for purpose automation.
- Identify opportunities for new or enhanced automations to drive efficiencies within the organization, producing designs and plans to address those opportunities.
- Drive the maintenance and expansion of existing automations and related processes in the organization.
- Create documentation, presentation, and training material.
- Engage with requirement owners & relevant stakeholders.
- Share knowledge, guide, and train colleagues. Provide direction by mentoring & coaching junior members.
- Be a recognized change agent for widespread adoption of DevOps practices & mindset.
- Contribute to activities related to market research and competitive analysis.
- 8+ years of demonstrable enterprise level knowledge in these specific areas:
- CICD Experience (for example, GitLab, Bitbucket, GitHub Actions, ADO, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Container orchestration (K8s, helm)
- Infrastructure as Code / Config. Mgmt (terraform, ansible)
- Containerization (Docker)
- Scripting (Bash, PowerShell, Python, GoLang)
- Working with cloud-based infrastructure in Azure (specifically AKS) or another cloud platform such as AWS or GCP
- Strong knowledge and awareness of security when operating in a cloud-based environment and the considerations for automation.
- Experience of supporting and building large enterprise cloud-systems at scale
- Operational / SRE experience of supporting large-scale enterprise systems.
- Full-stack experience across databases, application/web tier, networking/proxies/firewalls etc
- 8+ years of knowledge in Linux/Unix/Windows.
- Should be a good communicator, competent in effectively communicating with all technical and nontechnical teams.
- Natural desire to discover and learn new technologies & processes. Proactively taking initiative & responsibility.
- Should be a strong team player, self-driven & have experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Willingness to accept challenges and show a high level of enthusiasm.
- Quality assurance experience; Testing, Automation and Test data management skills.
- A University degree, or equivalent professional qualifications, in software/system engineering is essential.
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceMore than 5 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (142)
- Senior Technical Project Manager Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- DevOps Engineer Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Python Developer Jobs at Ceylon Dazzling Dev Holding (Pvt) Ltd in Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer – Fullstack Jobs at Insighture in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Cut+Dry in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Nimi in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Serviceform in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Engineer (React Native) Jobs at Empite in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at GTN in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 26, 2023 Full-Time