Principal Software Engineer
Serve as the technical leader and highly competent advisor for a team of talented software, database, and quality engineers.
- Develop best-in-class, n-tier, scalable, resilient, and supportable solutions and applications using the right technology, on time, and with exceptional quality that aligns with business requirements and adheres to the organization’s architectural pillars, standards, and best practice development techniques such as TDD/BDD.
- Architect software solutions by studying existing technology architecture, evaluating alternatives, developing prototypes, collaborating with the team to determine the best technical approach, and generating designs with artifacts that enable the development team to proceed with implementation.
- Provide right-level documentation for solutions following software development best practices and Agile guidelines.
- Actively participate and engage with the team to make design and direction decisions related to software development tasks.
- Partner with the team’s software development manager to plan and execute projects and deliver on team commitments with an emphasis on quality and timeliness.
- Ensure quality and consistency throughout the architecture and implementation of the code base.
- Enhance team accomplishments and competence by productively mentoring other software developers.
- Provide feedback to leadership on team talent and opportunities for training and encouragement.
- Help engineers resolve technical issues.
- Participate in the hiring process to keep the team fully staffed.
- Adhere to and contribute to the establishment and enhancement of development policies, procedures, and standards, and enforce their implementation within the team.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and instill the principles of this culture in the development team.
- Maintain and grow technical knowledge and understanding of the latest development methodologies and best practices by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish department and organization missions by completing related tasks as needed.
- Support occasional system errors, including during off hours, and coordinate response amongst the team.
Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 8 years developing object-oriented Web applications using .NET, including working knowledge of .NET Framework, .NET Core, and the unified .NET platform (.NET 5+).
- Excellent understanding of web development technologies, in general.
- Experience building microservices and APIs (Application Program Interfaces), particularly RESTful.
- Familiar with asynchronous development practices.
- Excellent SQL skills and experience with SQL Server, including the ability to design, develop and tune SQL databases and queries.
- Experience working in the Microsoft Cloud stack, particularly Azure technologies.
- Experience working in source control, such as Git and Azure Dev Ops (ADO).
- Ability to independently solve technical problems in a virtual work environment, collaborate when necessary, and proactively ask for help.
- Experience with analyzing business needs and requirements, recommending, and designing technical solutions and writing technical specifications and/or requirements.
- Experience writing technical documentation and troubleshooting guidance, specifically to allow internal staff to support delivered solutions.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) techniques.
- Experience working on an Agile team, preferably in a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) environment.
- Ability to work well with others, particularly cross-functional team members and customers, such as UI/UX, Quality Assurance, Product Owners, etc.
- Experience with hiring and interviewing techniques.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate aptitude and experience by providing examples, samples, and source code.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
Related Jobs (55)
Senior Software Engineer, Careers At solomoIT, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 5, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Tech Lead, Careers at Zeropoint, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 5, 2022 Full-Time