Programme Manager (Engineering/Sciences)
The Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N) invites applications for the position of Programme Manager .
Established in 2010, the Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N) is a pan-university research institute that focuses on systems-level research for tropical megacities. It performs translational research that covers the energy value chain from generation to innovative end-use solutions, motivated by industrialisation and deployment. ERI@N has multiple Interdisciplinary Research Programmes which focus on translational Research, Development & Deployment which focus on specific area of the energy value chain, and a number of Living labs and Testbeds which facilitate large scale technology deployment enabling validation and demonstration of real world applications.
The job is to work together with Programme Directors to support the generation, writing, obtaining funding and subsequently lead joint research and development agreements such as Joint Industry Program, Research Collaboration Agreements with Industry or University partners and related programs in fields of relevance to ERI@N (sustainable buildings & grids, wind / marine renewables & integration, solar cells & fuel cells, electromobility & energy storage, emission control & energy systems).
- Participate in or lead research and development, demonstration, and deployment of innovative energy solutions, that entail research in energy systems and alternative energy sources.
- Facilitate and support research joint development agreements such as Joint Industry Program, Research Collaboration Agreements with Industry or University partners and related programs.
- As a leader of a work package or (Co-) Project Principal Investigator (P.I./Co-P.I.) to ensure projects are executed to meet the scientific / technical targets.
- Provide scientific / technical leadership and mentorship to the project team members.
- Support research teams within ERI@N in preparing grant proposals, intellectual property filings, presentations in meetings, scientific conferences; publishing research papers in Journals / conference proceedings as defined in the project scope and agreements
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Sciences preferred.
- Domain knowledge and experience: more than 3 years relevant experience with a strong research track record in fields of relevance to ERI@N would be essential.
- RD&D leadership: Demonstrated leadership in RD&D in energy research with leadership role in large projects and/or programs; strong publications, or intellectual property track record is essential.
- Communication and leadership: Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individual and professional groups. Able to motivate the team members, provide mentorship and support team building.
- Industrial experience either by having work in industry research or technical leadership capacity or having done projects with industry partners on projects which had deployment-based validation preferred.
- Able to work in and lead interdisciplinary teams with a wide variety of competences and a high level of diversity.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Offered SalaryMore than LKR 300,000
- Career LevelManager
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (4)
- Software Engineer Internship at Almas Equities in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Internship
- Marketing Internship at Finetech Consultancy in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 12, 2024 Internship
- QA Internship at Sydpro – Sri Lanka in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on February 12, 2024 Internship