Quality Assurance Lead – Global Consulting
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work every day within our single platform and embedded digital innovation to help our customers be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Quality Assurance Lead GCD is responsible for managing a team of Quality Assurance Software Engineers, providing leadership to ensure effective and efficient delivery from the team, ensuring global consistency and meeting performance objectives for the Quality Assurance team. The Quality Assurance Lead GCD is accountable for quality assurance throughout the entire customized software development process, ensuring our practices and employees continue to develop, evolve and deliver more value to our customers.
Quality Assurance Lead GCD has deep knowledge on industry standard quality assurance processes and methodologies and works with all aspects of quality assurance throughout the entire customized software development process. They are responsible for ensuring that quality is considered early in the design process so that the product will be testable later.
Quality Assurance Lead GCD is accountable for the creation of detailed and comprehensive test scenarios and test cases, as well as troubleshooting quality issues and modifying test procedures. By monitoring external and internal test results, the Quality Assurance Lead GCD identify risks where more testing is required to streamline the delivery to the customer. Quality Assurance Lead GCD will identify test methodologies that are required for specific projects.
The Quality Assurance Lead GCD should also foster good proactive relationships with stakeholders across IFS, including but not limited to colleagues in GCD, GCS and R&D. The Quality Assurance Lead GCD should be regular engagement with the GCD Managers/Directors to feedback areas of concern and take affirmative action to address problems as they arise.
Essential Duties And Accountabilities
Lead & Drive Team Performance
- Line Management of a team a team of Quality Assurance Software Engineers.
- Coach and Mentor team members, developing their skills and competencies to increase productivity and performance, assisting team members to achieve career growth.
- Identify and address attitude and behavioral problems, deal with grievances, and resolve conflicts.
- Work together with Director GCD to ensure that the people-performance aspects are managed and geared towards effective and efficient delivery execution from the team and actively contribute to global Talent Management and Performance Management processes and provide constructive feedback to the individual team members
- Create and nurture a collaborative work environment and promote trust, agility, quality and integrity as core values across the team.
- Be a part of the recruitment process in terms of designing job specifications, candidate filtering and participating in interviews. Assist with career day programs conducted in the state/private universities as and when required.
- Promotes quality throughout the entire development lifecycle to ensure delivery with a high-quality bar.
- Constantly drive to improve test coverage of customized software
- Work with the GCS teams to gather requirements and create high level scenarios to test customized software.
- Drive adoption of modern software engineering practices, especially regarding testing, with automation at the forefront of all the team do.
- Ability to implement Proof of concept (POC) for GCD as per the project requirements.
- Design the QA plan and approach for the Projects.
- Designs, estimates, and evaluates testing methodologies.
- Develop test coverage for customized software.
- Define Quality matrix that required to track in the GCD projects
Process and Continuous Improvement
- Stay aware of quality situation in the projects and take corrective actions to address issues.
- Identify and analyzes Non-Functional Requirements for projects.
- Implement performance testing plans for customized software and reporting.
- Ensure good end-user usability for customized software.
- Ensuring that test plans have full coverage of test cases.
- Identify accessibility testing requirements for GCD projects.
- Implement accessibility testing methodologies for GCD projects.
- Identify security testing requirements for GCD projects.
- Implement security testing methodologies for GCD projects.
Overall Required Competence
- Must be very competent at making strategic decisions and prioritizing evolving business needs as required.
- Maintain a positive can-do approach to resource conflicts and escalations
- Must have a track record of developing (hiring, coaching, performance managing) individuals and building successful teams.
- Good C-Level communication (both internal and external)
- Drive disciplines, quality and consistency of performance and process through the practices.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, decentralized, geographically and culturally diverse teams.
- Self-driven and proactive in nature.
- Must live the IFS Values.
Required Education & Experience
- 8+ years of experience at a practical level of Quality Assurance.
- Experience of managing small/large teams.
- Experience in implementing QA practice across a segment.
- Experience in test automation & automation tools.
- Must be able to demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Proficiency in English Language and local language.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners. For more information, visit: IFS.com
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (29)
Software Quality Engineer Jobs at Pearson in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on March 21, 2023 Full-Time
Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at Flexiata in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 14, 2023 Full-Time