Research Assistant (OR/NBD/JN)
The Programme in Neuroscience and Behavioural Disorders is focused on understanding the structure and function of the nervous system, and the neural mechanisms underlying human neurological, psychiatric and ophthalmological disorders.
A research assistant/associate position is available in the laboratory of Dr Jun Nishiyama (https://www.duke-nus.edu.sg/nbd/the-team/faculty-members/details/Detail/nishiyama-jun). His research work focuses on understanding synaptic function and dysfunction in psychiatric disorders using a variety of cutting-edge molecular, genome-editing, and optical techniques.
The candidate will be expected to perform a variety of functions related to research under the supervision of the Principal Investigator. The major responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain operations of the laboratory through administrative duties such as purchase reagents and services, monitor consumable spending, maintain laboratory database and protocol, assist with animal protocol amendments, etc.
- Assist with maintaining mouse lines (breeding, genotyping, plug check, etc.).
- Perform basic molecular/cellular biology experiments (PCR, cloning, western blotting, cell culture, immunostaining, etc.).
- Monitor, document and report experimental results and research findings.
- Assist with general upkeep of laboratory needs, maintain safety protocols, provide technical support and establish work procedures to ongoing research projects.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described therein.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or a related field with at least 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Possess knowledge of cell culture and molecular biology.
- Prior laboratory experimental skills and experience in handling mice would be advantageous.
- Have knowledge of the scientific background relevant to the research area.
- Possess strong interpersonal communications skills with excellent written, oral communication and computer skills.
- A strong team player who is open-minded, energetic, highly motivated and can work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team and diverse workforce.
The application should include a CV and a cover letter. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Offered SalaryNot Specified