Research Associate (Learning Sciences and Assessment Academic Group)[NIE]
The National Institute of Education invites suitable applications for the position of Research Associate on a 17-month contract at the Learning Sciences and Assessment Academic Group.
Project Title: An investigation of Learning and Teaching Supported by Personalised Digital Devices (PLDs) in secondary schools [OER 08/22 TSC]
Project Introduction: This is a study on teaching and learning supported by personal learning devices (PLDs) in Singapore secondary schools. It aims to examine how students and teachers perceive the impact of the introduction of PLDs in schools, and how teachers perceive the support structures and resources provided by MOE HQ and the schools. The findings will provide pertinent information related to the Personal Digital Learning Programme (PDLP) by MOE, and help MOE preparing for subsequent evaluation of PDLP.
Completed degree from an accredited university.
- A master’s degree in the field related to the study (education) is preferred.
- Work experience in Singapore schools preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Research Assistant or similar role.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Knowledge of qualitative research methodology is a mandatory.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project
- Manage and respond to project related email
- Track research progress over time
- Prepare, maintain and update research shared drive
- Attend project meetings and other meetings as necessary to represent the project team
- Summarize project results
- Prepare progress reports
- Prepare other articles, reports and presentations
- Monitor the project budget
- Assist in preparing instruments and protocols for data collection
- Assist in recruiting subjects and liaising with relevant departments in school and MOE
- Develop or assist in the development of interview schedules; contact potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews, either in person or online
- Travel to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study
- Review and clean data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follow up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected
- Maintain accurate records of survey, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Provide ready access to all project related data for the faculty researcher and the project team
- As appropriate to the specified position, code and verify data in accordance with specified research protocol and coding procedures and enter data into a computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis
- May lead or guide the work of part-time employees
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Assist in preparing findings for publication
- Assist in writing and contributing to publications
- Other duties assigned by PI
Applicants (external and internal) will apply via Workday. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date for advertisements will be set to 28 calendar days from date of posting.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to the NIE campus. This is subject to availability of seats.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
Related Jobs (137)
Human Resources Internship at Baker Tilly in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 21, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at KochaSoft in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 21, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at 3axislabs in Jaffna, Sri Lanka on March 15, 2023 Internship
Human Resources Internship at Echelon in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 8, 2023 Internship