Research Engineer II (Trust Technologies)
The National Centre for Research in Digital Trust (NCDT) invites applications for the position of Research Engineer II.
Nanyang Technological University’s National Centre for Research in Digital Trust (DTC) is a Trust Technology Research Centre to execute a national program to help put Singapore into a strong trust hub. The key objective is to support efforts to create a trusted digital environment for its people and businesses by providing businesses and consumers with greater assurance and confidence as they digitalize.
- Conduct research and development in trust technologies – translating algorithms into tools and frameworks and implementing working prototypes that can demonstrate how research outputs can be innovated to build new capabilities.
- Work closely with Centre’s researchers to design and develop research prototypes into the proof-of-concept systems.
- Design and build working tools that can support the technology transfer of new capabilities to research partners and can be used to showcase the value of a given research outcome.
- Write and maintain technical documentation, presentations, and papers on research into trust technologies testing, helping to educate and raise the overall competency in emerging areas of trust technologies.
- Engage global partners and researchers to understand latest trends and advance Singapore’s mindshare in this domain.
- Master’s degree in computer science/ engineering or related fields required.
- Candidates with minimum of 5 years continuous working experience in a similar role will be considered when appropriate.
- Bachelor degree with minimum 8 years relevant experience may be considered
- Proficiency in programming languages Java, C/C++ is a must.
- Experience in other programming languages and/or frameworks such as Python, Spring will be an advantage.
- Proficiency with using common Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, CentOS is a must.
- Proficiency and experience in developing network and communication protocols and using socket programming in cloud-based systems is a must.
- Proficiency in installing, configuring and using SQL database is a must. Experience in other data processing technologies such as NoSQL, Hadoop will be an advantage.
- Proficiency and experience in working with different virtualization technologies to enhance cloud service system performance is a must.
- Experience in developing ML systems from end to end, including data exploration, feature engineering, model training/evaluation will be advantageous.
- Good communication skills and some interdisciplinary interest is desired, to be able to interact with researchers at the Centre.
- Ability to work independently and to develop solutions under strict timelines is a must.
- Ability to code-switch effortlessly between talking business and talking tech, and can help stakeholders, engineers, and businesses easily understand difficult research tech concepts.
- Good knowledge of system platform development, socket programming, middleware technologies, API development, related application frameworks and service layer models.
- Familiarity with general API security concepts (such as key validation, authentication, authorisation)
- Good understanding of relational database and Unix shell scripting skills.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
Related Jobs (480)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship
Senior Graphic Designer Jobs at Wonder Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Graphic Designer Jobs at Visual Studios Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Developer Jobs at CAREER141 in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 31, 2023 Full-Time