Research Fellow, Bioelectronics and Neuroengineering
The laboratory of Presidential Young Professor Liu Yuxin in the Biomedical Engineering Department at National University of Singapore seeks 1-2 postdoctoral fellows with strong enthusiasm and interest in flexible electronics, bioelectronics, neurotechnology, brain-machine-interface research.
Biological systems are typically soft and highly dynamic with cellular growth and functional self-renewal, while conventional implantable electronics are rigid and unable to intelligently accommodate a complex biological microenvironment, leading to the enormous functional and biomechanical gap at the bio-electronics interface. Through electronic material development and nano/microfabrication innovation, we will develop next-generation polymeric electronic materials and microelectronics that mimic the properties of biological tissue, autonomously respond to rapid cellular growth, while providing chronic and high-bandwidth neural-machine communication at single-cell precision. Together with a team of experienced clinicians and biologists, we will also develop precision electronic medicine that can treat chronic diseases via targeted and personalized neuromodulation.
Past publication list from Liu Lab can be found:
- A PhD in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, material science and engineering or related fields
- A strong interest in bioelectronics, neural engineering, flexible electronics and brain-machine interface. Scientific curiosity and motivation to perform scientifically rigorous experimental work
- Excellence in conducting independent research with great critical thinking and experimental design. Interested in working in a multidisciplinary team and leading a multidisciplinary project
- Strong track record in publication on reputable journals
- Strong technical understanding of bioelectronics, neural engineering, and flexible electronics. Good understanding of basic clinical principles and mechanisms of the nervous system
- Have research experience in nano/microfabrication and polymeric electronic device
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Have experience with research project management, as well publication writing.
- Research experience with animal or cell culture is advantageous
Interested candidates are invited to send in a detailed CV, a 5-slide presentation that summarizes your previous research accomplishments, together with at least two references listed via email (with email title including postdoctoral fellow application) to:
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)