Research Fellow (Learning Sciences and Assessment Academic Group)[NIE]
The National Institute of Education invites suitable applications for the position of Research Fellow on a 30-month contract at the Learning Sciences and Assessment Academic Group.
Project Title: Designing an Analytics Toolbox for Enculturating Teachers’ Data-driven Mindset and Reflective Teaching Practice in Singapore Schools [OER 23/22 QCLG]
Project Introduction: The Research Fellow will develop and apply artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) to process and analyze education-related data including classroom audiovisual data. The position is ideal for a recent Ph.D. graduate trained in in AI/ML and interested in applying skills and knowledge to the emerging field of AI/ML for Education.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Data Science or related fields.
- Fresh Ph.D. graduates are welcome to apply
- Applicants with significant AI/ML work experience without Ph.D. can be considered
- Prior experience in one or more of the following areas: computer vision, speech recognition, natural language processing
- Strong proficiency in programming with preference for Python
- Applicants with the following skills/experiences are preferred: deep learning frameworks, cloud computing services (e.g., Microsoft Azure), data visualizations (e.g., PowerBI)
- Highly self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills to work with teachers and non-technical users
- Develop backend pipeline for data ingestion, data processing, machine learning, and deployment
- Develop frontend data visualization dashboard
- Train users to use dashboard
- Liaise with teachers/administrators
- Collect data in MOE schools
- Lead team of assistant(s)
- Other project duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator (PI)
Applicants (external and internal) will apply via Workday. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date for advertisements will be set to 28 calendar days from date of posting.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to the NIE campus. This is subject to availability of seats.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (137)
Human Resources Internship at Baker Tilly in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 21, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at KochaSoft in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 21, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at 3axislabs in Jaffna, Sri Lanka on March 15, 2023 Internship
Human Resources Internship at Echelon in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 8, 2023 Internship