Researcher in Computer Sciences
Grant-Funded Researcher (A/B) – School of Computer Sciences
Full time, fixed term opportunity for 2.5 years. Flexible work arrangements may be negotiated.
Contribute to research projects developing novel game theoretic methods that deliver predictable performance regardless of the strategy of the adversary.
The School of Computer Science is seeking to recruit a Grant-Funded Researcher at Level (A) or (B) in network security.
Join a project developing provable network security methods that use graph-based abstractions to verify policy compliance with government guidelines and best practices, to guard against Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE), to protect networks against zero-day attacks, and to generate network configurations that are not only provably correct but are also human friendly.
In this role, you will work closely on theoretical and algorithm development and implementation, assist on dissemination (project deliverables, publications, etc) across multiple related projects. You will have a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and as a member of a broader team. You will work closely with collaborators and co-investigators across multiple schools within ECMS.
To be successful at Level A you will need:
- To have or about to complete a PhD in mathematics, electrical and electronic engineering or computer science.
- Experience and understanding of network security, especially verification of network defence mechanisms such as firewalls, IDS and software defined networking.
- Knowledge of reinforcement learning, neural networks and other machine learning approaches.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and the ability to communicate scientific and engineering ideas to all audiences, both orally in in writing.
- Be eligible to hold a Commonwealth of Australia Department of Defence security clearance.
In addition to the above, to be successful at Level B you will need:
- A PhD in maths,engineering, computer science or a related field.
- Experience in working with various deep learning tools and a track record of effective deployment of these within robotics and computer vision projects.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs – including significant industry, government and community collaborations – offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work’s cutting-edge nature – not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour – provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity consistent with our Staff Values and Behaviour Framework and our Values of integrity, respect, collegiality, excellence and discovery. We firmly believe that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life. Flexible working arrangements are on offer for all roles at the University.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty’s broader role
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science – including machine learning, high-level mathematics and architecture, planning and landscape architecture. Many of its academic staff are world leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
Learn more at: ecms.adelaide.edu.au
If you have the talent, we’ll give you the opportunity. Together, let’s make history.
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to be taken through to the online application form. Please ensure you submit a cover letter, resume, and upload a document that includes your responses to all of the selection criteria for the position as contained in the position description or selection criteria document.
Applications close 11:55pm, 30 November 2021.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
A/Prof. Hung Nguyen
School of Computer Science
P: +61 (8) 8313 6214
You’ll find a full position description and/or selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: 02 Nov 2021 12:00 AM
Applications close:30 Nov 2021 11:55 PM
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (38)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time