SEAS Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Marine Natural Product Chemistry
About the SEAS fellowship programme
Shaping European Research Leaders for Marine Sustainability (SEAS) is a postdoctoral research fellowship programme for 37 fellows launched and managed by the University of Bergen. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 101034309.
In this first call, open August 1 – October 31 (2021), we invite talented experienced researchers to apply for 18 fellowships. Successful candidates will be employed in fixed-term fulltime postdoctoral research fellow positions at UiB.
The SEAS programme offers
- high-quality inter- and transdisciplinary research and training opportunities in the area of marine sustainability supported by a supervision and inter-sectoral mentoring scheme
- opportunity to transfer knowledge and skills between disciplines, organisations and sectors
- a regional ecosystem of marine actors
- structured skill-based training
- high-quality working conditions
- personal career support
- academic freedom
- equal opportunities
SEAS eligibility criteria and application requirements
Eligible applicants will be evaluated on transparent evaluation criteria by international experts. No restrictions by nationality, age, gender, ethnicity, disability/special needs, or social status will apply. To be considered eligible for academic review, applications must adhere to the following programme requirements:
- Applications must be submitted through the JobbNorge portal and include all mandatory elements (see below)
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree (or an equivalent degree) in a relevant field prior to the application deadline (if you have not yet received your PhD diploma, you must document that you have defended your thesis successfully).
- Applicants cannot previously have been employed as a postdoctoral fellow at UiB.
- The research proposal must be relevant to marine sustainability.
- Applicants must have a high degree of proficiency in English (self-assessed in the CV and demonstrated in the application).
- SEAS mobility rules (if the successful candidate is an outgoing fellow, there is a mandatory return period of 12-18 months at UiB).
- The application and relevant documents must be in English.
We anticipate the whole evaluation procedure to take approximately 4 months from application deadline. Eligible applicants will be evaluated by three international experts and assessed against criteria addressing excellence, impact, implementation, quality of the researcher and training, knowledge transfer, and networking opportunities. Details are stated in the Guide for applicants.
Employment conditions/offers for SEAS fellows
- Fixed-term 3-year contract as a postdoctoral research fellow at UiB.
- Salary at pay grade 61 (code 1352/pay range 24, alternative 5) according to the state salary scale upon appointment. This constitutes a gross annual salary of NOK 553 500 (approx. € 55.000 depending on exchange rate). Further promotions are made according to length of service.
- Welfare benefits* and social benefits including pension-saving, occupational injury insurance, full salary during sick leave for 52 weeks, and paid parental leave**.
- Extension of the position term (work contract) due to sick leave and parental leave.
- Norwegian language courses free of charge.
- High standards for working hours, holidays, place of work, health, and safety.
- Access to specific training activities exclusively provided within the framework of the SEAS programme.
- An individual research budget of minimum € 300 per month for 3 years is guaranteed, and an additional € 300 per month can be applied for, for activities such as secondment, travels, joint events, etc.
- Outgoing fellows will receive full coverage of travel costs for attending the mandatory gatherings (in compliance with UiB-routines for travel procurement and reimbursement).
*) Subject to membership in the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme. For non-EU outgoing fellows, individual benefit agreement must be considered.
**) Right to paid parental leave requires 6 months paid work before first day of leave. See full requirements.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (144)
PhD Fellowship in Leadership-University of Stavanger-Norway on October 15, 2021 Temporary