Senior Engineer / DevOps Engineer – Linux,Docker,Shell/Bash scripting,Kubernetes,CI Automation,Ansible,Azure/AWS,Oracle technologies
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work every day within our single platform and embedded digital innovation to help our customers be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
DevOps engineers are the ones that ensure that what we develop at IFS R&D can also run effectively in production and at the same time drive automation of processes spanning from framework development to customer deployment.
A DevOps Engineer will take the lead in designing, developing, deploying and maintaining new and existing tooling/automation solutions to enable IFS to further drive the reliability and efficiency of its operation platforms. A DevOps Engineer at IFS is a driver of further automation in the area in which the person is working and ensures continued robustness of the team’s daily operations. This work is focused on ensuring that continuous integration, testing, and deployment is facilitated through the use of industry DevOps best-practices and tools.
A DevOps Engineer uses their technical know-how to support the entire IFS organization to develop services in such a way that they always can be deployed and tested with a high degree of automation. They demonstrate a strong commitment to the service and process quality and take proactive action to prevent issues from arising and resolve them quickly and effective when they still do occur.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Identify opportunities for new or enhanced automations to drive efficiencies within the organization, producing designs and plans to address those opportunities
- Drive the maintenance and expansion of existing automations and related processes in the organization.
- Create documentation, presentation, and training material
- Engage with relevant stakeholders
- Share knowledge, guide, and train colleagues
- Contribute in activities related to market research and competitive analysis
- Source code management skills – Git/Bitbucket
- Automation server knowledge (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Automation server job creation and orchestration
- CI/CD pipeline skills in general
- Knowledge in one of the major tool sets (Azure pipelines, Bitbucket, Gitlab, etc.)
- Knowledge of docker and containerization
- Container orchestration and associated tooling (K8s, helm, terraform, etc.)
- Test data management skills
- Knowledgeable in Linux/Unix/Windows
- Quality assurance skills
- Should be a good communicator, competent to effectively communicate with all technical and nontechnical teams.
- Good understanding of scripting (e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Ansible) and automation skills.
- Learn new technologies and theories and apply them when necessary.
- Should be a good team player.
- Willingness to accept challenges and show high level of enthusiasm
- A University degree, or equivalent professional qualifications, in software/system engineering or IT operations is essential
- At least 4 years of experience building and managing large distributed systems – ideally in an agile environment
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure in AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
- Work with a geographically dispersed team to ensure continuity of support and expertise
- Effective communication and colaoration skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing operations and projects with multiple models of delivery (in-house, managed service, outsourced)
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelSenior Executive
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (13)
Junior Executive – Tech Systems, Careers At MTI Consulting, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 28, 2022 Full-Time
Systems Support Analyst Jobs At Pearson, United States on September 23, 2022 Full-Time
DevOps – SSE / ATL / TL Jobs At 99X, Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 16, 2022 Full-Time
Cloud and Hosting Services Engineer Jobs At Pearson, Durham, North Carolina on September 16, 2022 Full-Time
Information Security Manager Jobs At Pearson, Bangalore, India on September 9, 2022 Full-Time
Senior IT Admin Jobs at Suger Global in Colombo, Sri Lanka on August 29, 2022 Full-Time
Information Technology Manager, Careers At CWIT, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on August 19, 2022 Full-Time