Senior Finance Analyst for solar applications, power market
The Senior Financial Analyst drives and directs all economic assessments for solar applications (including photovoltaics, solar thermal and building-integrated PV) at SERIS, covering not only Singapore, but the entire Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. The detailed assessments will include “top-down”’ analyses (e.g. power markets, country specific economic analysis etc.) as well as “bottom-up” activities (e.g. detailed financial modelling on a project basis).
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may also be assigned):
- Provide detailed economic and financial analyses for due diligence/feasibility assessments
- Further evolve the SERIS financial model towards the integration of future energy market scenarios
- Provide energy & power market analyses for countries/regions in APAC
- Develop future power price scenarios for different jurisdictions in APAC
- Regularly update the economic and financial content in the National Solar Repository (NSR) website, such as the Solar Economic Handbook, the Levelised Cost of Electricity (LCOE) calculator as well as regularly updating the “Environmental Attributes Calculator” underlying parameters
- Develop a techno-economic model as assessment tool for selection of future R&D topics
- Support researchers by including financial analytics in papers, conference talks etc.
- Support business development by contributing to trade missions/conferences/articles to represent SERIS economic and financial capabilities
- Undertake detailed life-cycle cost analysis and cost/benefit assessments for SERIS’ “PV System Doctor” activities
- Reach out to potential clients to raise industry funding for the institute
- Master Degree (or higher) in Finance and/or Economics
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in providing financial and economic assessment in the power industry (preferably for renewable energy applications)
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in evaluation of energy & power markets
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in energy policy and transformation of energy markets
- Knowledge and experience in PV system technology, design, EPC, operation and maintenance, field inspection, project finance, etc. is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced team environment with engineers, consultants, regulators and customers.
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative
- Highly motivated and well organized.
- A passion for sustainable energy
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience5 Years
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)
Related Jobs (9)
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Group Taxation Jobs at MAS Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Product Specialist – Pricing Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Finance Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Finance Executive Jobs at John Keells Information Technology in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time