Senior Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a passionate Senior Full Stack Engineer, will contribute to the creation of centralized content platform and build authoring, assembly, and distribution single page web applications to enable authors to product, manage, enhance, and distribute their content in education. Our mission is to deliver the development of Digital first, outcome-driven products to improve learning. The position provides the opportunity to engage in delivering cutting-edge solutions within a cross-functional team. Above all, your work will contribute to developing products that have an impact on millions of learners around the globe.
We are building cloud native, leveraging microservice architecture. Our platform includes React front end, Microservices and APIs written in Java, Node.js, Mongo as data stores.
As an Senior Software Developer your Responsibilities
Ability to analyze, design, develop, and deploy web apps and micro services hosted within AWS Cloud Infrastructure and Pearson’s PAF Platform.
- Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies.
- The quality of the solutions must be assured by following Pearson’s standard best practice for integration development, using agreed industry standards for integration throughout the service development lifecycle
- Building backend NodeJS ,micro-services and responsive React web applications.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on budget.
- Learns and understands Pearson internal work-in-progress format, JSON, XHTML, XML, CSS,LESS/SaSS and taxonomy/metadata standards.
- Working with a number of stakeholders and business units within Pearson, and across multiple timezones and cultures
- Fast paced environment, looking to deliver truly transformative technology against challenging timescales.
Working in a matrixed virtual environment and multiple projects and tasks at one time
B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem solving skills (such as data structures, computational algorithms, and operating systems).
- The ideal candidate will have about 10 years of strong knowledge and experience with the advanced Java programming language.
- 5 to 8 years of Experience with Node.Js ,Server-side JSP development and server-side logic and Node based API.
MicroServices (Spring Boot, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, SonarQube, Java).
5+ years’ experience in Build and CI/CD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 5+ years’ experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google, OpenStack
- Formal certification in one of the following is Preferred: Java, Spring, or AWS
- Familiarity with AWS, MongoDB is preferred.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux and Redux Saga).
- Experience with RESTful APIs with common front-end development tools such as ES6, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience effectively working with remote teams (offshore) is preferred
- Strong experience with relational and/or non-relational DBs.
- Team player with a get it done attitude.
- Media and Publishing Experience.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelSenior Executive
Related Jobs (172)
Senior Software Engineer-JAVA Jobs at Jobenvoy.com in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Full Stack Developer- .NET Jobs at Pelican Cube in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Pelican Cube in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer – Frontend Jobs at Global Tote Lankan in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Java – Associate Software Engineer Jobs at Applova Inc. in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 24, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer – Python Jobs at Med Cube in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 24, 2022 Full-Time