Senior / Lead DevOps Engineer – Azure, Linux, Kubernetes
IFS is a billion-dollar revenue company with 5000+ employees on all continents. We deliver award-winning enterprise software solutions through the use of embedded digital innovation and a single cloud-based platform to help businesses be their best when it really matters–at the Moment of Service™.
At IFS, we’re flexible, we’re innovative, and we’re focused not only on how we can engage with our customers, but on how we can make a real change and have a worldwide impact. We help solve some of society’s greatest challenges, fostering a better future through our agility, collaboration, and trust.
We celebrate diversity and accept that there are so many different perspectives in this world. As a truly international company serving people from around the globe, we realize that our success is tantamount to the respect we have for those different points of view.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, diverse environment; you will be joining a winning team with a commitment to sustainability; and a company where we get things done so that you can make a positive impact on the world.
We’re looking for innovative and original thinkers to work in an environment where you can #MakeYourMoment so that we can help others make theirs.
If you want to change the status quo, we’ll help you make your moment. Join Team Purple. Join IFS.
We’ve been continuously challenging the boundaries of business technology. Although that technology has changed over time, our singular focus on our customers and our employees has not. We are already outpacing the market by growing three times as fast as our competitors and need talented people to help us on our journey.
We are on the lookout for dynamic, experienced tech enthusiasts to join our growing R&D – Cloud Engineering Team.
DevOps Engineers are the ones that ensure that what we develop at IFS R&D can also run effectively in production and at the same time drive automation of processes spanning from framework development to customer deployment.
A DevOps Engineer will take the lead in designing, developing, deploying and maintaining new and existing tooling/automation solutions to enable IFS to further drive the reliability and efficiency of its operation platforms. A DevOps Engineer at IFS is a driver of further automation in the area in which the person is working and ensures continued robustness of the team’s daily operations. This work is focused on ensuring that continuous integration, testing, and deployment is facilitated through the use of industry DevOps best-practices and tools.
A DevOps Engineer uses their technical know-how to support the entire IFS organization to develop services in such a way that they always can be deployed and tested with a high degree of automation. They demonstrate a strong commitment to the service and process quality and take proactive action to prevent issues from arising and resolve them quickly and effectively when they still do occur.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Identify opportunities for new or enhanced automations to drive efficiencies within the organization, producing designs and plans to address those opportunities
- Drive the maintenance and expansion of existing automations and related processes in the organization.
- Create documentation, presentation, and training material
- Engage with relevant stakeholders
- Share knowledge, guide, and train colleagues
- Contribute to activities related to market research and competitive analysis
- 3+ years of demonstrable enterprise level knowledge in
- at least one of the major tool sets (Azure pipelines, Bitbucket, Gitlab CI-CD, etc.)
- container orchestration and associated tooling (K8s, helm, terraform, etc.)
- docker and containerization.
- scripting (e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Ansible) and automation design and development skills.
- Automation server job creation and orchestration.
- working with cloud-based infrastructure in AWS or Azure or Google Cloud.
- Automation server knowledge (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Test data management skills.
- 5+ years of knowledge in Linux/Unix/Windows.
- Quality assurance skills.
- Should be a good communicator, competent in effectively communicating with all technical and nontechnical teams.
- Source code management skills – Git/Bitbucket.
- Learn new technologies and theories and apply them when necessary.
- Should be a good team player and have experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Willingness to accept challenges and show high level of enthusiasm.
- A University degree, or equivalent professional qualifications, in software/system engineering is essential.
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (316)
Associate Software Engineer Jobs at Skylit Solutions in Negombo, Sri Lanka on February 2, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at SRP International in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 2, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 2, 2023 Full-Time
Associate Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at Calcey in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 1, 2023 Full-Time
Trainee Software Engineer Jobs at Fidenz Academy in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 1, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Ideahub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 1, 2023 Full-Time