Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Paramedicine
- Provide leadership and make outstanding and original contributions to learning and teaching
- Full time, continuing opportunity at Level C or D
- Position can be based at either the Ballarat, Brisbane or Canberra Campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Ballarat, Blacktown, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The National School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine comprises a team of highly motivated and dedicated academic and professional staff who have built a strong teaching and learning environment as evidenced by student demand, entry levels and student course evaluation over several years. The School is located on six campuses: Brisbane, Blacktown, North Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne and Ballarat.
The Senior Lecturer in Paramedicine provides academic leadership in the School by undertaking coordination responsibilities and makes a significant contribution to the learning and teaching scholarship and/or research performance of the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine.
The Associate Professor in Paramedicine will provide leadership and make outstanding and original contributions to learning and teaching, scholarship and research in the discipline of paramedicine. The Associate Professor will also make an outstanding contribution to the governance of academic programs in the discipline of paramedicine and build relationships with external organisations and communities.
More specifically the role will:
- Lead and support curriculum design inclusive of team leadership to develop high quality innovative teaching informed by contemporary discipline specific research and reflective practice (Level C)
- Provide mission aligned leadership in learning and teaching in the discipline of paramedicine, including curriculum development and implementation initiatives to enhance the student experience and life. (Level D)
You will need to have:
- Masters Degree in Paramedicine or related discipline (essential).
- Enrolled in a Phd or equivalent and successfully completed Mid Candidature review or equivalent (desirable).
- Current unrestricted registration with AHPRA (as a Registered Paramedic).
- Demonstrated experience in the effective teaching and supervision of Honours, Masters or PhD students.
- Evidence of leadership and significant contribution in curriculum design and development.
- A doctoral qualification in paramedicine or related discipline.
- Eligibility for registration as a paramedic with AHPRA.
- An academic learning & teaching profile in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development, implementation and evaluation
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the “Apply” link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $154,629 total rem – $167,878 total rem pa, including salary component $130,847 – $142,171 pa (Academic Level C) OR total remuneration valued to $175,242 total rem – $192,902 total rem pa, including salary component $148,465 – $163,559 pa (Academic Level D) ; plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Associate Professor Cathy Dickson, Head, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine (NSW/ACT) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Tuesday 30 November 2021; 11:55 pm AEST
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Related Jobs (165)
Creative Intern, Vacancies at ADA, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on May 13, 2022 Internship